Monstar's update
Hi all,

Just to let you know, I have received my armour and E11 (RS Prop Masters). I am looking for any armour parties coming up in the next couple of months, to get the chance to meet some of you and to get some guidance, such as, what glue is best to use?

Regards,

Jason
Hi Jason, I know you may have answered this already, but what part of Brisvegas do you live in?
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hey Sly,

I am in Gladstone, but my wife's parents are in Morayfield. So that's where I will be staying when I come down.
Hey monstar!!, :P , welcome !!, also I usest to live in morayfield lol just wanted to point that out but I do alot of driving around aswell as I work in caboolture near the bribie overpass!, will be good to troop with you soon brother!!.
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Hey Monstar...

I'm based in Ningi so about 20 mins east of Morayfield.

Glue there are two schools
Zapagap (brand name CA glue) that can be got at hobby shops
E6000 - think it can be bought locally but I got mine off ebay

Zapagap is fast setting (about 30 seconds) so quick to progress youre work but unforgiving of mistakes

E6000 is slower (think about 10 mins to set and then 10 hours to fully cure) therefore more forgiving while you line pieces up but takes a while before you can touch it again.

My kit is a mix of the two nowadays (was built with zapagap) as I've found personally that the E6000 allows more flex then the Zapagap... e.g. the Sniper plate on the knee zapagap kept failing with the flexing of the shin to put on and off but not had a problem since using the E6000 to fix it last time
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Kai Wolfe & Duras,

Thanks for taking the time to say hello! I too look forward to trooping with you both in the near future. Also good to see that there are some members close by...

Duras, thanks for the information on the glue. I have been watching the YouTube video from TK4510 and how he is building his ABS armour. I noticed he did mention the E6000 glue - but I did not think it was available in Oz. I have since found some on E bay - so that is the next purchase.

I'm still in study mode, but I am taking careful notes about the measurements that TK4510 is using to create the joining strips on the arms and legs as well as the straps & brackets joining the various pieces of body armour.

The measurements is probably what I am finding the hardest to find. I am particularly worried about the placement of the side rivets. I want to get this armour spot on...

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Regards,

Jason
Jump onto http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ for all the research and reference images, don't put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thankyou Phantom. Just what I am looking for!