Westar-35's
Build Thread 
so those on FaceSpace would have seen my Westar 35 build I'm making at the moment... (if I'm happy enough with the work I will make this a build thread if people are interested)

Now I'm having a problem with the accuracy of my build and prob need feed back from GML's or direction where to go next

I've been following this image from Star Wars Wikia
[Image: 640px-WESTAR35BlasterPistol-CON.png]
where the handle is few mm's smaller in width than the barrel

But looking at the Bo Katan CRL images the handle is flush with the barrel.
[Image: Bo_Katan_Blasters.jpg]

I want to be accurate but I feel the Wikia picture is more accurate as looks like a screenshot (and happens to be the way I went Wink ) ... is this going to cause me problems ?
DW2013 to DW2018
and looking at Pre-vizla's CRL

[Image: BH_pre_vizsla_pistols.png]

his are not flush but then the trigger guard is straight as opposed to the two previous one's being triangular
DW2013 to DW2018
Pick one image and work from that.

I would work of the screen captured image... that's what you see in the show.

You don't need a weapon to get approved so the pic used in the crl may not be 100% accurate
Thanks Crypto ... I posted this over on the BHG forums too and got basically the same response that as not required for approval accuracy not as important

I find that a little strange as a group we pride ourselves on the accuracy of our costumes and gear Smile but oh well. I will go with the one I like best which is the top one (that I think is a screen capture)

Will dig out the episodes again too as looking at Carbine next
DW2013 to DW2018
ok so going to turn this to a build thread Smile

After going over Death Watch episodes of The Clone Wars I got a few screen grabs

[Image: Capture6_zpsahsdhlos.jpg]

[Image: Capture1_zps6bsrdq5k.jpg]

[Image: Capture5_zpstwucahzo.jpg]

[Image: Capture4_zpswlzjexxg.jpg]

[Image: Capture3_zpsoqfq60he.jpg]

[Image: Capture_zpsm9vfjk2o.jpg]

From there I got a piece of balsa wood (soft wood I know but I plan to mould this and make 2 resin copies)
[Image: IMG_2886_zpsxylkhgiu.jpg]

From them I decided to go with the straight trigger guard & grip being slightly smaller than the barrel and some google image searching for a template (sorry cant give credit for the design of the template as honestly cant recall where I found it) I jumped of the motor saw
[Image: IMG_2887_zpsdbbzh2iv.jpg]

little bit of detailing for the blaster's magazine
[Image: IMG_2892_zpsqzdv4bsk.jpg]

For the trigger, blaster cover and grip handles I've used a $2.50ish table place-mat from the craft section of Bunnings I had in my spare parts box

So laminating 3 layers of the place-mat got me this
[Image: IMG_2890_zpszpwehlzh.jpg]

Some trimming and sanding later
[Image: IMG_2891_zpsqa2kslgt.jpg]

I will be adding a spring but haven't quite got all my details worked out there yet so will post later on that
[Image: IMG_2894_zpszrs11rnf.jpg]

but looking spiffy so far
[Image: IMG_2893_zps3x3kvjq6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2897_zpsr07dmenw.jpg]

some spray putty to smooth out the wood grain a bit
[Image: 8DA1569C-BF73-4071-A420-E2ACBD01DE5E_zpscrtfhic3.jpg]

I prob won't mould the place-mat pieces (though the trigger I will) as too easy and cheap just to make them again... so a quick spray paint with some Machinery Grey colour
[Image: AE616B18-F8DC-4D3D-87F2-AEBC62F0A6D6_zpsjvexef9n.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Westar-35 Carbine Duras 2 937 Saturday 15-Aug-2015, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Duras