Hi everyone!
Hi everyone. My name is Helan. I am Oberon's wife. I briefly saw the great work you guys do at the Indooroopilly State School Fete on Saturday and decided I'd like to help out at future troops and possibly see if I can get a costume together - not really sure what costume at this stage. Although I think the Star Wars movies are great, I'm not exactly knowledgeable about all the characters as such but I would still like to join in on the fun and help the community. And as Jason is doing what appears to be a long term Boba Fett build, there's a chance I'll get approved before my husband does!
Hi there Helan and welcome Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey there Helan!, I was with Jason at indooroopilly seems like a nice guy, have you been doing research on what you want to build?, Smile , don't be afraid to ask questions as you will need to ask alot... especially when it comes to where to source you're costume part's etc Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Hey Helan, it was nice to meet you on the weekend, I'm glad you had fun and decided to join.
Welcome to the Redbacks
Cheers Smile
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Hi Helan, great to meet you at Indooroopilly, this is an awesome hobby and we have loads of fun, as you may have already worked out.
Welcome to the Redback forums.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
great to see another husband and wife team!!!!!!!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Welcome aboard Helan, nice to meet you on Saturday. You met my wife Stacey (Dark Dora) on the weekend, she was in the same position as you a short time ago. Now she's off getting a costume of her own and will soon be a full member. And then there's the Galactic Academy for the kids... but you don't have to do it all at once.

If you can get this to go from Dad's nerdy garage project to something the family wants to do together, its a great place to be.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
yeah my partner has started a costume, you can't help but get sucked into this game Smile

DW2017
This can only be good for me...right? Lol
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
errrrr........right lol

DW2017
It was great meeting you guys on Saturday and I am glad you are coming on board. I will be looking forward to seeing Jason and yourself at future troops. Smile
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
Thanks everyone for the kind words of welcome, very much appreciated. It was great meeting you on Saturday. After a little bit of research I'm thinking an Imperial Officer might be the go, possibly an Imperial Bridge Crew costume (nice and simple, says the newbie!), although I haven't ruled out a Staff Officer or Warrant Officer. I've signed up over at the Imperial Officer Corps and checked out the Imperial Bridge Crew CRL. Any advice on vendors etc would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Helan, great to meet you and Jason on the weekend. Enjoy the journey Smile
Hi Helan
Welcome Aboard!!

If you do decide to stroll along the path of Imperial Bridge Crew this flightsuit is pretty neat: http://501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=8678
This is the one I bought and it is great (Also used by many members here)
The beauty of going Bridge Crew is that with just a few added items you also have a Reserve Tie Fighter Pilot, then add a couple more items and whammo Imperial Navy Gunner.........3 for 1 deal Smile

Enjoy the journey
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Cheers Slide Effect, I'll check that link out and PM you if I have any issues. Thanks for the lead!