Apraxia Troop
Troop Report 
Date: Sun 09 August

Venue: New Farm Park

Time: 09:00 - 11:30

Mission: To surprise the kids at the Childhood Apraxia of Speech Support Australia with some Star Wars characters.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:
DW - Sandtrooer
Diatium - Stormtrooper
Teiwaz - Scout
Sticky - Tie Pilot ( trial run )
Stormraven - Garidan

RL:
Tobalation - Jedi
Rebel Rach - Jedi

GA:
Edvard - Jedi
Eliza - Xwing pilot

Support Crew :
Iceheart

Details: An early start but great weather. The carpark change which cause some raised eyebrows by the joggers and police in the park as the troopers emerged. Suitably kitted up the troopers approached the Apraxia Support for Speech community event and were swamped by thrilled kids and parents.

Plenty of photos were taken before troopers joined in to listen to a short speech on the foundation. We joined the group for a walk around the park behind their banner. Teiwaz and DW picking up little fans along the way. Diatium was very handy when it came to some traffic control “Move along, move along”. The troopers certainly stopped traffic and got a lot of attention.

Back to the event location by the river for more photos, and mingling with the crowd, before being invited to join in the BBQ.

Charity Funds Raised: nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: nil

Public Incidents: nil

Mission Status: Great success. We were very well received by the event participants and made a great impact being there. The kids and families were so appreciative and everyone enjoyed themselves, troopers included. Thanks Rebelrach for the muffins and hedgehogs for morning tea

Photos:

[Image: IMG_9234%20-%20Copy_zps6tkbwobl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9243_zpsgedfoour.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9235_zpst5kioubl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9240_zps5w1rtot5.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9249_zpsm7cctszv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9255_zpsch4nxq6p.jpg]
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Was a great day with perfect weather and lots of fun! Can't wait to do more like it :-)
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Was a great day and thanks to all who came along, just one of those fun troops and the kids were exceptionally well behaved.
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Great troop. Beautiful day. Wonderful kids. The kids were a dream to work with compared to the fetes! They were fascinated with us and the parents were very appreciative. Little Xavier (pictured) followed me around like a puppy and walked with me the whole way around the park.

A scout with his thermal det hanging like that is like seeing a photo with your fly open! Oh well, Xavier didn't mind, and it was a day he will remember for a very long time.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
I have just received a message from the Apraxia contact

Thanks so so much for coming along. We all agreed you guys were the hit of the day and the kids loved you!!

We all had a fantastic morning and were very happy with the turn out.

I will certainly be in touch for any future events.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
It was wonderful trooping with you guys, lots of fun, everyone enjoying themselves and lots of Star Wars puns and references, lots of laughs and the best behaved kids I've seen in ages I think!
Very appreciative parents and organisers. it was great to be part the event.
My favourite moments were:
- The cops approaching Diatium and wanting selfies when we thought they 'wanted a word'
- The cops driving past in the cop car saying 'these are not the droids you're looking for' out the window
- The entire family in the mini bus driving past DW and me belting out the Star Wars theme song when their dad had stopped the van. Classic!
Awesome job guys.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Great work troops
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Well done troopers!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great job team!
Sounds like it was a great day for everyone, kids and troopers! Well done to all involved!
Congrats to all involved for yet another successful troop.

Job well done!
great troop guys well done Wink
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Awesome job guys. Looks fantastic.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Nice work everyone .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Apraxia Walk 30/10/2010 redpaint 10 20,329 Sunday 31-Oct-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: cobra