Geebung Special School Book Fair
Troop Report 
Date: 17 August 2015

Venue: Geebung Special School

Time: 8am

Mission: To attend the school Book Fair.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:
TB 12311 Teiwaz - Biker Scout
TK 24984 Diatium - Stormtrooper ANH Stunt
ID 4056 Stormraven – Imperial Officer: Staff Officer. (Black)

Joint appearance with Drawn2Life
Little Loki: Ariel
Renaissance Turtle: Batman

Details: Geebung Special School is a small school, about 90 students. They held a Book Fair which opened today with everyone in fancy dress. The students and staff came together for a special assembly.

It was explained to the assembly they had some special friends coming to see them. They introduced the Ariel and Batman with their theme music and when they played the Imperial March it was our turn to come out. There was pandemonium in the gym with 90 very excited kids. Of course what we consider an odd character combination just became a bunch of superheroes to the kids and they loved it.

After some awards for best dressed the kids retreated back to their own classrooms. That way the kids could feel more comfortable meeting us on their own turf in a more controlled environment. We visited every classroom in the school.

It is a challenge meeting so many different special needs kids. The stock standard high 5 doesn't always work here. There is a wide variation of levels of awareness and capacity to interact. Some want to grab you, some are excited, some are scared, some are in wheelchairs. Generally though they were very interested and happy to see us.

Special mention for Stormraven. It might look a bit ornamental to have an officer for a troop like this, but many times he saved me and Diatium from being grabbed, jumped on, or tripped over. Thanks Bryan.

Many thanks to Geebung Special School for the invitation and thanks to Drawn2Life for working with us.

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Status: Success!

Photos:

The staff
[Image: IMG_6843_zpswm5s09qa.jpg]

The 5 special friends
[Image: IMG_6878_zpsbvuah3bj.jpg]

[Image: bbaaf477-1713-4fdf-a92f-7f0726979e6e_zpsgvudopah.jpg]
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Was a very special morning.I was glade to be apart of it and can't wait to be apart of more troops like this to come
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Awesome work guys!
Great job guys
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
Sounds like a great troop, well done guys and gal!
Top work troops!
Great work troops , nice joint effort .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
As always, another outstanding effort Troops, and the Princes and Batman.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
That's an awesome job. I need to keep a better eye on updates to the events page because I would have tried to get to this one, also no blue card would have kept me away anyway.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Great Work Everyone! Looked like a great troop!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 388 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Geebung Book Week Teiwaz 5 680 Wednesday 23-Aug-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Diatium
Troop Report Geebung Book Week Teiwaz 0 358 Sunday 28-Aug-2022, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Teiwaz