Where do I go now?
(Saturday 12-Sep-2015, 06:58 AM)Altair Wrote:  Welcome to the forums. Whereabouts in QLD are you based?

I'm just in The Gap, so nice and local.

(Friday 11-Sep-2015, 10:17 PM)Sly Wrote:  All the fun is in buying the kit and assembling it yourself. There isn't very much to paint at all, a few buttons on the ab plate and a few details on the helmet. You will do fine, and you will have plenty of support.

Just sent an email to all the potential sellers I like.

Looking forward to getting a response Wink
Great, you are on your way, keep researching. Have you decided which TK version you want to build?
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
(Saturday 12-Sep-2015, 10:44 PM)Sly Wrote:  Great, you are on your way, keep researching. Have you decided which TK version you want to build?

At the moment, I'm open to AP or AM but will see what offers I get from sellers.
Hi Mate,

Sly was referring to which version of TK (ANH, ESB, ROTJ, etc etc) not the armour maker. The version of TK you decide may have an influence into the amour make you pick.

Here is a link to the various TK versions: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Make sure you take into account your size (height/weight) when purchasing armour. AP is typically considered a better fit for the smaller/thinner troopers, whereas AM is a larger kit.

Also something to consider is the level of accuracy you wish to achieve. With the AM kit you will have to swap out some parts if you are aiming for Centurion level.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I have AP armour, so if you have any questions fire away Smile

(Sunday 13-Sep-2015, 07:51 AM)Altair Wrote:  Hi Mate,

Sly was referring to which version of TK (ANH, ESB, ROTJ, etc etc) not the armour maker. The version of TK you decide may have an influence into the amour make you pick.

Here is a link to the various TK versions: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Make sure you take into account your size (height/weight) when purchasing armour. AP is typically considered a better fit for the smaller/thinner troopers, whereas AM is a larger kit.

Also something to consider is the level of accuracy you wish to achieve. With the AM kit you will have to swap out some parts if you are aiming for Centurion level.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Haha! Wow, thanks! (You can tel I'm new, but I'm really enjoying researching into this). I appreciate the help, I'd probably like to go with ANH and AP suits me better as I'm a bit smaller.

(Sunday 13-Sep-2015, 08:40 AM)Sly Wrote:  I have AP armour, so if you have any questions fire away Smile

Altair helped me out a bit, the type I'm after is ANH, (and AP now, as it suits a smaller size)

Should I specify to sellers what type, will they get what I mean?
No you shouldn't need to , he makes one kit, and it's up to you to build it according to the CRL ANH. The helmet he supplies is for the Stunt version. If you wish to build the Hero version, you will need to source the appropriate helmet for accuracy.
If you plan to build for higher levels of accuracy check out the EIB and Centurion build threads and requirements .
Both Altair and I built straight to Centurion. It is much easier to do this from the outset and isn't much more work or expense.
Are you using the same forum name over on FISD?

(Sunday 13-Sep-2015, 04:50 PM)Sly Wrote:  No you shouldn't need to , he makes one kit, and it's up to you to build it according to the CRL ANH. The helmet he supplies is for the Stunt version. If you wish to build the Hero version, you will need to source the appropriate helmet for accuracy.
If you plan to build for higher levels of accuracy check out the EIB and Centurion build threads and requirements .
Both Altair and I built straight to Centurion. It is much easier to do this from the outset and isn't much more work or expense.

Yeah I am

(Sunday 13-Sep-2015, 04:50 PM)Sly Wrote:  No you shouldn't need to , he makes one kit, and it's up to you to build it according to the CRL ANH. The helmet he supplies is for the Stunt version. If you wish to build the Hero version, you will need to source the appropriate helmet for accuracy.

Actually yeah, I didn't realise at first what the 'Centurion status' meant, but after looking into it a bit more, I think I'd like to go for that.
Welcome mate. As you can see, the guys here are very helpful.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
(Sunday 13-Sep-2015, 05:59 PM)thestormtrooperguy Wrote:  

Yeah I am

Actually yeah, I didn't realise at first what the 'Centurion status' meant, but after looking into it a bit more, I think I'd like to go for that.

That's awesome, and you won't regret it.
On a side note, generally people will call you by your Forum name on Troops etc, so may I suggest you choose something shorter and easy for people to remember.
If you do decide to change it, Moxxxie is the one to send a PM to and ask for it to be done. She lets everyone make a change once, after that it's gonna cost you beer, and lots of it.Smile

(Monday 14-Sep-2015, 08:26 AM)Sly Wrote:  
(Sunday 13-Sep-2015, 05:59 PM)thestormtrooperguy Wrote:  

Yeah I am

That's awesome, and you won't regret it.
On a side note, generally people will call you by your Forum name on Troops etc, so may I suggest you choose something shorter and easy for people to remember.
If you do decide to change it, Moxxxie is the one to send a PM to and ask for it to be done. She lets everyone make a change once, after that it's gonna cost you beer, and lots of it.Smile

Yeah I noticed that and couldn't work out how to change it... oops! Thanks, when I work out a different name, I'll ask.
Welcome aboard
"Just listen, it feels like someone's watching us."