Bargara QLD 4670

Time:
4:00pm for a 5pm Start

Mission:
To walk in the Light the Night event.

Trooper Attendance:
22372 - Arienh - Sandtrooper (TD)
22422 - Baytrooper - Snowtrooper (TS)
37781 - DarkFather - ROTJ Royal Guard (TR) & Jawa (DZ)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
PhantomBlade

Details:
With clouds massing and winds building it looked like the mission may have been cancelled. But atmospheric beacons reported the all clear. Mission was a go. Baytrooper arrived at the forward base in his Snowspeeder. Cadet PhantomBlade arriving previously. DarkFather and Arienh were ready, their domicile being the location of the forward base. After the Transport was loaded with the required items, the small band of Imperials headed to the location of their mission. Having raised funds for the Leukaemia Foundation in the previous week, the troopers went about raising smiles amongst the faces of the local civilians, and took part in the walk to help raise awareness.

Reports placed Rebels many miles away, so the mission was declared a weaponless engagement.

No amount of wind, or overcast skies was going to stop these Imperials:
[Image: 01-Arrival_zpsvk5k3ar9.jpg]

The civilians had a local cantina band playing tunes, a lone piper, and other entertainment happening at the location.

As night fell and the lanterns were turned on, the Imperials took a moment to think about why they were there:
[Image: 02-ThoughtsForThoseInvolved_zpsaue3vmmp.jpg]

Of course, this was still a mission. Something The Emperor was not going to let us forget:
[Image: 03-TheEmperorsOrders_zpsfohzbqyg.jpg]

We showed The Emperor our surroundings and the amount of people who we would bring smiles to. Throughout the night, many photo's were taken and many smiles were indeed brought to faces. We met some of the younglings that have dealt with the illness themselves, and their parents. One particular youngling, that I was made aware of, is currently in the process of defeating the illness. I was told that his favourite colour is Red and that he loved Star Wars. When we were introduced, all he could say was WOW. He couldn't wait to get his photo taken with a Red Guard. A nice moment.

Before the walk started the weather turned. The TR was forced to abandon the final stages of the mission, and with the Sandtrooper sporting an injury she too was unable to partake in the walk. But as 'luck' would have it, a Jawa had stowed away on the Shuttle. Probably hiding out in the Sandtroopers duffle. Cadet & Snowtrooper started the walk, but a familiar voice was close behind. Poor Baytrooper had hoped that he was going to be clear of Jawas on this mission. But it wasn't to be. Still, more photo's were taken during the walk, and afterwards.

With the local weather conditions worsening, the mission was declared a success and the troopers headed back to the forward base.

Charity Funds Raised:
Funds raised for The Leukaemia Foundation.
$185.40

Injuries / Malfunctions:
None.

Public Incidents:
None.

Mission Status:
Successful.

Photos:

Following The Emperors orders to the letter:
[Image: 04-CompletingOurMission_zpsnftg8829.jpg]

Photo's at every turn and every step:
[Image: 05-BringingSmilesToFaces_zpsfibyi8t2.jpg]

[Image: 06_zpsbgbkeedz.jpg]

Star Wars fans. They're everywhere!:
[Image: 07_zpsgbon9ylc.jpg]

Even under dark, red, path lights... Photo's were the order of the night:
[Image: 08_zpsbpwjorao.jpg]

Phantomblade's FB album of photo's. Link.

Special Mention:

PhantomBlade. Our Wrangler, our photographer, our costume wrangler (damn wind and my TR robes). One wrangler for the 3 of us troopers. She had her hands full, and did a standup job. Backing up on this troop from the Hervey Bay walk 2 days earlier. Champion effort. Definitely good to have another future member in the Wide Bay.

Baytrooper. Just a legend. Helps with everything. Helped with getting both this troop and the Hervey Bay troop organised. Gave me pointers and where to look to be able to post this Troop Report. Just made sure my 1st POC for a troop was extremely easy. Thank you.
Just.... Awesome. Those are some fantastic photos. Great job guys.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Excellent work!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work troopers. Looked like a lot of fun.
Awesome work for an awesome cause. Great job all.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
well done again guys, love the pics!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Great job!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Epic!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Well done team
Fantastic well done all... Love the pic with that hologram Emperor!!!
Well done guys. Awesome work for a good cause!
"Purple alert! Purple alert!"  What`s a purple alert?" "Well, it`s not as bad as a red alert, but a bit worse than a blue alert... sort of a mauve alert."
Really good work , well done to you all .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Light The Night - Mackay 2019 TripleSix 1 1,959 Sunday 13-Oct-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: pecklez
  Light the night Mackay TripleSix 9 7,890 Monday 29-Oct-2018, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Imperial Drone
  Light The Night, Townsville Red Empress 8 8,778 Monday 9-Oct-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: muppet