looking to join
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Hi everyone
My TK armour has arrived and seems to fit ok ( commission job as I'm crap with my hands) - a few tweaks are required I think but I've sent the photos on for approval.
I have a few questions though:

The under suit supplied by RSpropmasters is hot as! what suggestions for something a bit cooler?

The helmet has no internal structure or padding, do you use some type of padding or a head bracket out of a hard hat ?

The shin guards scrape the paint off the top/front of my boots, is this a typical issue?

Next armour party north side Brisbane ? - great to learn from others who have solved their issues as its like paddling up that creek!

thanks
Bruce
(Sunday 20-Mar-2016, 03:41 PM)bam Wrote:  Hi everyone
My TK armour has arrived and seems to fit ok ( commission job as I'm crap with my hands) - a few tweaks are required I think but I've sent the photos on for approval.
I have a few questions though:

The under suit supplied by RSpropmasters is hot as! what suggestions for something a bit cooler?

The helmet has no internal structure or padding, do you use some type of padding or a head bracket out of a hard hat ?

The shin guards scrape the paint off the top/front of my boots, is this a typical issue?

Next armour party north side Brisbane ? - great to learn from others who have solved their issues as its like paddling up that creek!

thanks
Bruce

I just bought a generic undersuit from Ebay, the type you would play sport in.

You do need padding, some of us use hard hat brackets, others have foam padding inserts that you can pick up at an army supply store, I bought a bike helmet liner, just depends on what you want.

It is a typical issue for those with painted boots, some troopers find that if you cut the return edge off of the bottom of the shins, that helps.

There is one being run by Buzzard, it's in Jimboomba on the Southside, however, some of the best people to help you will be there if you want to go.
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
plain black compression wear for the undersuit will not be too warm ... comes up at Aldi sometimes for pretty cheap price

The shins you could maybe put a little foam on the inside edge to keep it rubbing directly on the boots?
DW2013 to DW2018
welcome to the redback forumns Smile
FNG  DW2018  Bobafett  DW2016 DW2017 SN17
Mate if you need a hand with anything send me a PM. Im on the north side at North Lakes and am only too happy to help out.
Can you outrun a rocket.... How about we find out.

DW2015
Hey Bruce,

Regarding the undersuit, any black compression suit will do, I got mine from here: http://www.smartsports.com.au/

Regarding the helmet padding, as others have said, you can use hard hat lines, foam or helmet pads. I would have though that RS included the accurate star foam? Anyways I have a quick look on ebay for tactical helmet padding, you can velco these pads in so they can be easily removed for cleaning later on Wink

Regarding your shins, if there is a return edge on the lower part of your shins, you can remove this, it won't affect your approval. Also the foam idea that Duras mentioned will help.

Next armour party north side Brisbane? You are more than welcome to host your own armour party Smile
Thanks everyone....
Working down the list
Cheers