Newbie from Bundy looking to join 501st
I look forward to your response to these questions.
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
The group that you mentioned is run by several local police officers who are Star Wars fans. I did not elaborate on this as I don't think it is fair to promote another Star Wars related club on these forums. I have already made it very clear to you that this is not a 501st event and therefore feel that all your subsequent posts are unnecessary. I have not had any local 501st members question my involvement and I will not be responding to any more unfounded allegations. But if you want to join in the festivities of what will, no doubt, be an awesome preview screening of the new Star Wars film - then that is up to you. Whether you are a Redback, a Cadet or simply a Star Wars fan, anyone can go and see the film. If you have any other questions contact the organisers of the event.
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
(Sunday 1-Nov-2015, 10:45 PM)Viper Scout Wrote:  If you have any other questions contact the organisers of the event.

I am pretty sure that that is you Wink As in you helped start the group, run it and were the one that orgainsed the event.

And you don't think it is fair to promote another Star Wars related club on these forums yet you invite people to the night that "we" have organised, as in the QASWAS have organised, as in you Huh

You made it very clear that this is not a 501st event, so why say on here, a 501st forum, that "we" have orgainsed it.
      FNG
We have had this issue before with other groups with dual memberships. If you wish to promote something for your group, do it on YOUR forum. THIS forum is for 501st business only. Whilst it may have a similar topic, you cannot use it for other groups without express permission from command staff and I dont imagine you do.
So please refrain from posting anything related to other starwars meet ups for other groups with out first asking Command staff.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
The Mouse is very protective of his new brand. The costumes of choice (501st and RL) have a hard enough time getting troops approved to help promote his product. I wonder what he thinks of this...
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Well this thread has been well and truly highjacked! Wink

Sennight, the 501st are still the only costuming group in Australia that are recognised and approved by Lucas/Disney and we enjoy brilliant cooperation with them. We have had troubles in the past with other groups doing corporate events (sometimes even paid corporate sponsored events) which can gather attention of Lucas/Disney in all the wrong ways. Because we care about the work we do, we get a little sensitive when it comes to other groups organising events with businesses that haven't been "Okay'ed" by the Mouse.

There will be a plethora of endorsed events organised closer to the release, so dont worry too much.

How goes your costume build?
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks Moxxie. I have been enlightened on this issue for sure.

I have decided to start with an Imperial Security Bureau first as I can do it cheaply and quickly, and have drafted a pattern for the top, got pants, and getting the other bits together so will have it ready in the next few weeks. From there Anakin/Darth Vader Pre-Armour is one I want to do along with a TIE Fighter Pilot and eventually one of the full armour troopers.

Looking forward to getting approved and becoming an official member to start trooping soon. :D
(Monday 2-Nov-2015, 02:20 PM)Sennight Wrote:  Looking forward to getting approved and becoming an official member to start trooping soon. :D

And we are here to help you get there Doppeldaumen1
      FNG
ISB is a great choice to start soft costume easy to move in and the fact we do not have many in the Garrison you will stand out it is also handy you can sew most of the costume yourself.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all looking to join the 501st Imperial Soup 4 332 Friday 25-Aug-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Imperial Soup
  Greetings from Bundy Gangrel 8 12,368 Wednesday 18-Sep-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Angelman
  looking to join the 501st topher-the-tiger 18 27,395 Monday 16-May-2011, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Jimcricket