Hi Everyone!!
Hi everyone,

Just made an account and am looking to be involved in this amazing community.

Im Jacob/HanYolo (happy with either name). I am currently 17y/o and an avid Star Wars fan, as im sure most people are :P.

I became amazed with the 501st at Supanova in Sydney earlier this year and I finally decided it was time to sign up and get on with my first build.

I am looking to make a Bounty Hunter, Royal Guard, or Capt. Phasma suit before the end of the year and am looking for some advice. I have very little cosplay experience although I am very keen to start, have researched cosplay techniques,etc. and have varied experience in artmaking.

Was curious as to which build would be easiest and most educational to begin with and assume that this is the place to start.

Anyway, thats me! Cant wait to see you guys out there.
Hi Jacob, welcome.
First off, you need to be 18 yrs old to become an member, but that doesn't mean we won't help you.
The 501st prides it self on movie accurate costumes, so as you can imagine, that means sone can be quite expensive. Soft costumes, like Imperial officer, can be far less expensive, than hard armour.

When do you turn 18?
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Thats a shame.....

I turn 18 at the end of next year :/

I respect your rules, but may i ask why there is an age limit of 18yrs old?

Are you aware of any other groups that allow under 18's? Disappointed that im not able to participate Sad

Thanks anyway
I believe we do have the Galactic Academy for under 18's. More relaxed rules in regards to the costume quality. Unfortunately our liability insurance doesn't cover you unless you're over 18. Don't lose hope! I'm sure someone with more knowledge about the GA will be along shortly to point you in the right direction.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Don't give up so easily mate. You'll probably find that it will take you at least 12 months to get together the gear for Boba/Jango, or Cpt.Phasma, and I'd imagine there is quite a wait list for a Royal Guard Bucket as well, not to mention finding someone who could sew the robes by the end of the year.
Spend some time doing your research and you may well have turned 18 before your kit is complete anyway.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hello, Jacob! Welcome! I'm also a newbie.