Hello!
Hello! Bright-eyed new recruit reporting for duty Smile

I've seen you guys around for a while, but it was only this year that I realised that you were here in Brisbane and not far away in internet-land.

I just got back from PAX Aus. My usual modus operandi would be the classic lurk/hover combination, in which I really want to get in on what you're doing but am way too shy, but this is what happens when you go to PAX Aus, people. You get all excitable, lose all sense of decorum, and then approach strange jawas and start conversations. This friendly jawa (who I believe was a member of Terra Australis) said the best place to get started would be my friendly neighborhood garrison forums.

You guys, I am so in love with Captain Phasma, I can't even tell you. She's so shiny and chrome. And tall. I don't even care that all I've seen of her are about three seconds of footage and some production stills. The only thing stopping me from spending All of my (limited) Money trying to put together her armour is that a) I've never made an armour and I have a sneaking suspicion that hers is going to be more fiddly than your average bear, b) even if I wanted to, as far a I can tell ANOVOS is the only game in town for the First Order kits, which are only available to you lucky ducks already in the 501st for the next few months at least, c) there's no CRL for her just yet, d) I haven't priced chroming but I assume it's going to make my eyes water when I do, and e) what if she turns out to be just the worst?

Not really E. I'm pretty confident that she'll be the best. I think she'll have to wait for a little while, though, while I save up my bikkies and learn the difference between my ass and my elbow.

In the meantime, I'm tossing up between building a Stormtrooper or Clonetrooper as armour-construction training wheels, or having a red-hot go at expanding on my newbie sewing skills and making a soft costume.

So, that's me. Lots of unfocused enthusiasm, trying (and failing) to stay off the TFA hype train, seriously considering putting my credit card in a bucket of water in the freezer before I do something drastic. Hi!
Welcome to the Redback forums!
Hey Unity and Welcome Smile

going by your post you're along the right tracks in regards to the things like CRL.

Phasma does look cool but the CRL for her will likely not get completed until after the movie release (possible the DVD release so screenshots of all the details can be grabbed)

with the exchange rate putting the CC on ice is prob not a bad idea Wink Soft costumes (e.g. the uniformed officers, jawas etc) can be a cheaper option to get memebership but have a look through the CRL and see what costume grabs you (even if that means waiting until Phasma is an option) as that will help you in the long run

I would say the best thing to do is come and see us at Brisbane Supanova at the end of the month and pick a few brains in person as to what options you can go with to start off
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Smile

I know over in special operations boards ( http://www.501stspecopsdet.net ) sorry don't have a clickable link they discussing that armour already and working out all bits and bobs so to say .

We need more spec op troopers have you thought going that way with armour ? Be a nice shade of red ( magma trooper ) or shadow / black hole trooper we even have scouts as well so you can sit down a lot Wink .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Welcome.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome Unity! Love the enthusiasm, unfocused or not. All the best with your eventual build. Phasma definitely looks the business and I think the character is in great hands with Gwendoline Christie. Would one day love to see the costume in real life - maybe it'll be yours! Best of luck and again welcome to the Redback forums.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Welcome , we have some of the legions finest storm troopers and clones in the garrison and plenty of help to guide you after you make a choice , research the appropriate detachments and CRL's and ask plenty of questions .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome!!!
Welcome, hope you can make it along to Nova to say g'day.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the Redbacks Unity.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome Unity Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Welcome Unity,

Unfocused is my middle name Smile

As others have alluded to the soft builds are a great way to get approved easily whilst you tackle bigger projects.
You could look at something like a Reserve TIE Pilot and then add hard armour later to go to full pilot.

Theres a multitude of choices so good luck picking one Smile
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Hi and welcome
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Welcome to the Forums Unity.
Thanks for the welcome guys! I have been combing through the picture libraries, and I'm pretty taken with the Incinerator Trooper. My other half and I are close enough in height and not-quite-so-close but I'm hoping close-enough in build that I could potentially justify Phasma down the line.

Now I just have to convince him that Incinerator trooper > Arctrooper Fives. I don't love my chances.