Hello from Gladstone Queensland
Hey all. I'm working on a tie pilot costume. Planning on buying from RS prop masters, only because on other forums I have had no luck getting a lead for other people who make the helmet and armour. If anyone has information that could help me send me a message. Hope to troop with you all soon
Hi Aronjr,

mate firstly WELCOME, secondly awesome choice, its always fun to see a new cadet that has decided to be dark and mysterious, dare i say, talk dark and handsome as us pilot types like to think of ourselves.

As well as signing up here I would recommend you come on over to the Jolly Roger Squadron forums http://www.jrs501st.com where you will be inundated with Tie pilot Awesomeness and also assigned a Tie Pilot Mentor (being that you are in Queensland it will be our very own Stormraven, whom I am sure will swing by this thread soon).

As for hard armour, there are a multitude of approved armourers that you will find at the JRS, the challenge is determining what you are looking for based on your build, your budget and other factors.
Personally I chose to go with Arakyels armour and Helmet as it suited my budget, time frame and he produces a larger helmet (the helmets in the movies were all oversized) whereas things like the Don Post/Rubies helmets tend to be smaller and require more work for approvals.

If your heart is set on a Pilot uniform then you can do all the soft parts quickly and relatively cheap, allowing you to become a full approved member as a Reserve Tie Pilot before moving on to your hard armour, if you want any info then feel free to PM me and I will gladly help you out,

Again Welcome

Cheers,
Slide.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
I'd agree with what slide said pilots are a great option Notworthy - ok so we're biased - and the Jolly Roger Forums will offer you a plethora of advice. TIE pilots are great in that we have a reserve uniform that you can do while waiting for your armour to turn up and since is mostly cloth it will be a lot more comfortable to wear in the QLD heat.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hammerheart44 on eBay has the flight suits. Are they 501st a probable by any chance? Would be a good start, I'm on the Jolly Roger forum but for some reason my account is having a few issues :/

I meant to type 591st aproved. Been a long dqy
Thrts okey we awl herve dqys lyke thrt Smile

Welcome, I have fistfights with my phones keyboard every day, sometimes it gangs up with autocorrect and its thunderdome!

Costume well chosen sir, but then I just got my Reserve TIE Pilot approved, so I may also be biased.
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Hammerheart is one of a few suppliers that make good approvable flightsuits and while I haven't seen any of his suits up close there are a few members who have got them.

Also there has been some issue with the RS chest boxes getting approved as they're not quite right ( i.e. rocker placement ) and have been using quite thin ABS (plastic). Which you can chase up when you get access to the JRS. If you are still having problems in a few days let me know and I'll talk to the site admins.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome Aronjr. It's good to see someone else from central QLD!
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
Mate this is the flight suit I used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIE-Jumpsuit-Sta...20c4a4a7e5

This is also the same suit as used by multiple Garrison members including a couple of our Costume review Committee.
To give you an idea on sizing i am 6 ft tall and 80kg and I ordered this in a Medium.
Perfect fit and approved first go Smile
Hi there Aronjr,

Great to see another Gladstone resident signing up! I am also in Gladstone. I have built a TK ANH armour and I am currently awaiting approval. I am more than happy to offer you some help if you need it.
I am looking to do a pilot outfit as my next project, so it will be interesting to know who the suppliers are.

Welcome aboard and I hope to catch up with you soon.

Regards,

Jason
(Friday 20-Nov-2015, 10:56 PM)Slide Effect Wrote:  Mate this is the flight suit I used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIE-Jumpsuit-Sta...20c4a4a7e5

This is also the same suit as used by multiple Garrison members including a couple of our Costume review Committee.
To give you an idea on sizing i am 6 ft tall and 80kg and I ordered this in a Medium.
Perfect fit and approved first go Smile

awesome thank you! I'm a few inches shorter but it should fit, if not the wife can assist me there, also I contacted sandprop about the armour and helmet, much better price! that is who you went with correct?
Yep Sandprop is Arakyel.

He is well priced, has good lead times and is very well thought of in the Jolly Roger Squadron.
The advantage of buying from well known/respected armour makers is that they are serving members in the Legion so they know all the requirements.
They also dont stay in business long if their product is not approvable or poor quality.

I got my gloves via Wampa Wear - someone on here generally does a Wampa order every couple of months so you canusually jump in on those to help everyone save on postage.
MyKill did get his gloves local (Archerfield) so might pay to ask him too.
Welcome!
Tie pilots look great. If you're researching also consider that 181st Tir Pilot costume as an option. :-) good luck with your reseach, the guys above have you on the right track and are super helpful.
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Welcome pilot Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

You have been given some good info definitely head over to the detachment Jolly Roger Squadron and do your research there. Make sure you are familiar with the CRL there are a couple of pilots there to choose from:
http://www.501st.com/databank/JRS_CRL

Also suggest you have a read through this thread to give you an indication of the approval process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

If in doubt ask. Good luck with the research and the build.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Gladstone Queensland Aronjr 0 2,438 Friday 20-Nov-2015, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Aronjr