Modified DLT-19 scratch build
Build Thread 
So being out of projects I needed something to pass the time and so I started looking at a new blaster. I wanted something that a Scout might carry, but was really looking for something my upcoming Mando would use. I looked through all the canon blasters and wanted something with a good rate of fire and stopping power, but a lighter weapon for high mobility and use in close quarters, like urban terrain. I considered the E-11 sniper (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11s_sniper_rifle) but in the same article there is a scout with a DLT-19 with an optic sight. Which got me thinking about a lighter version of the DLT-19, but I could find no references. I really liked the shape of the butt and receiver group of the DLT-19 so wanted to incorporate that into the build. So here is a non-canon, but logical progression of an in-universe weapon, I give you, the DLT-19 CARBINE.

So I started with this schematic and scaled to produced the butt, pistol grip and receiver on A4 and stencilled onto timber
[Image: MG-34a_zpsxt0dig7f.png]

[Image: IMG_0374_zpsro7jvecd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0405_zpswud3rmo9.jpg]

Then with some Dremel and sandpaper work I had crafted a reasonable facsimile of a MG-34 butt stock
[Image: IMG_0389_zpsyxug3s6d.jpg]

Having filled my lungs with pine dust I decided to inhale some plastic dust for variety. Having purchased a variety of PVC plumbing parts, and blatantly plagiarising Astyanax’s build thread from whitearmor.net I set about creating the flash suppressor and cooling jacket. The barrel will be 15mm poly pipe and the jacket is 32mm poly. The flash suppressor is a bundle of plumbing parts which have all had some form of modification or another made. As this is a lighter weapon than the DLT-19 the outer cone of the suppressor is also more heavily vented than the original.
[Image: IMG_0408_zpsotftlrpo.jpg]

Then using this image, I decided to reduce the barrel by about 50%, making it about 30cm (12 inches) instead of the 20.5” in the original weapon.
[Image: mg34_measurements_zps5om9phbj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0410_zpset7m3rh2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0411_zpsui1sdotd.jpg]

So at the end of the weekend I have a passable barrel group and butt. I have the basis for the pistol grip and I am yet to start properly on the receiver group. But here is the DLT-19 Carbine.
[Image: IMG_0413_zps13cj5d96.jpg]
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Nice work !
Looking pretty good there mate. Might have to get some tips to redo mine.
That looks so cool.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
Nice work, watching this thread with interest Smile
Here is the Sideshow Collectibles Scout with that rifle

[Image: P1080515.jpg]

Terror
Thanks guys. This project got put on hold for a bit. I am now working on a costume for my partner for Supanova, but once I have finished hers I will be back into this one. Hopefully I will have them both done in time for Nova.
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
It would be great to get a parts list for this one mate. Looks like it really coming along. Looks great.
I'll put something together. The short answer is "go and raid Bunnings for plumbing parts". There is a longer answer and I'll get a list up in the next week or so
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Hey APOK,

in response to your request here is a list of the components. This is only a best guess as I failed in my obligation to the forums and didn’t keep an accurate list or photo log of progress. So now with all the components glued and painted I had to work backwards and scour the Bunnings website to try and match up the bits.

So working from front to back the items are:

40mm plain vent cowl - becomes the flash suppressor. lower portion trimmed off and holes drilled in the top for the barrel/emitter
40mm threaded plug - drilled out the head to attach the suppressor
40mm PVC pipe - barrel housing below hexagonal suppressor base. Cut to length and glued onto the 40mm threaded plug. Dremel used to shape the grooves into the lower end
25mm x 1” press PVC female thread adapter - This makes the rearmost portion of the flash suppressor. Four holes were drilled around the press half and then it was inserted into the 40mm PVC pipe and glued.
40mm PVC pipe - barrel shroud. I downloaded a template for the cooling holes and scaled fit the 40mm pipe and drilled them out with my drill press.
Offcut base of the vent cowl slides over the barrel shroud to create the collar.
15mm PVC pipe - barrel inner

So that is based on memory and comparing the parts with the website. I will be in at Bunnings later this week and will let you know if I can refine this list at all.

Hope that helps.
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Thanks mate. That's a great start.