Samurai Vader
For those of you that weren't at Nova on the weekend, I thought you may be interested in seeing the new costume I built up for Kayne

It's a Samurai Vader, very loosely based on the Bandai figure, released last year
It's built from reproduction metal Samurai armour, with modifications to the helmet and the addition of a "Belt Buckle", Chest box, modified Vader face plate and a Silk Cape

The under armour is a traditional Hakama (pants), Shitagi (Shirt), and Tabi Socks
We opted for him to wear traditional Geta (Wooden Thongs) rather than the woven sandals or riding boots, simply because the Geta gave him another 50mm in height.

For a Lightsaber, I built a clear acrylic Katana Blade and inserted Red EL tape to light it up, because it wasn't bright enough in daylight, I painted the blade with a clear red tint so it looked like a Sith Saber. I also built a handle to resemble both a traditional Katana Tsuka with a vague hint of a Vader Saber .. the Tsuba/ Guard is an Imperial Cog

The Helmet was painted with the imperial Cogs on each ear, to replicate the Samurai Family crests, worn on there helmets. and as Many traditional Helmets featured a Crescent moon as decoration, I used a Battle damaged Deathstar

Thank you to:
MammaSith for making the Cape, its a work of art in it's own right
Scope for the Vader Mask
Muppet for the Chest box bits and tusks

[Image: Samurai%20Vader%202_zps6dqdjegh.jpg]

[Image: Samurai%20Vader%201_zpsat7cafhx.jpg] [Image: Samurai%20Vader%20Cape_zpsaxakgloi.jpg]

[Image: 12283254_10208108857862084_998260893_n_zpsyd17j5w8.jpg]

[Image: 2HbPbX1.jpg]
Very cool. Always wanted to do a tk version. I'll finish R2 first methinks.
Looked awesome at Nova
Absolutely love it.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Awesome....always awesome.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Amazing work.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18