Farewell from the Outgoing Commanding Officer
Well, this is my last post as the Garrison CO.

Eight years has seen some huge changes to the Legion and some great changes here in Queensland, and with the new movie now out, there will be a whole lot more.

I’d sincerely like to thank the entire Garrison for their support over the years. The club is only as strong as its members make it, and the Redbacks’ reputation as a leader in all aspects of this hobby is without compare, and that is wholly due to outstanding drive, ethos and desire to be the best that the Redback members have within themselves.

Not only have we led the way in the hobby of Star Wars costuming, but in the process the club has allowed for many lasting friendships to be formed, both within the Redbacks and also around Australia and across the world.

I hesitate to take credit for much at all whilst I have been the steward of the club, but I take some pride in the fact that whilst I have been at the helm I have contributed to creating an environment where so many new friendships have been able to form. As I pass into retirement I shall take this as the principle legacy of my time as the 501st Legion’s Redback Garrison Commanding Officer.

Rick ‘Cobra’ Oliver will now take over as the Acting GCO until the end of February, whereupon the Garrison will elect a new GCO.

Thank you all for your kind words over the past few weeks, and I look forward to trooping with you all in the future.

Kevin ‘Kev Vader’ Chamberlain
Redback Garrison Commanding Officer (Retired)
An honour to troop with you on your last troop as CO Kev. We look forward to trooping with you in the new year.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
A BIG THANKS for all you have done in your time in charge, as a new recruit I have to say the friend ship and comradery of the garrison has been warm and welcoming, so don't be worried about taking credit as you have done an amazing job and deserve the thanks and respect of all members and recruits.

So look forward to trooping along side of you in the future, and
once again thank you for all you have done and for the amazing legacy you leave.

With great respect
Mark
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Many thanks for your hard work herding cats Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome back to being a regular grunt Smile
It has been a pleasure to work under your command , congrats on all you've helped the garrison achieve and the level of costuming you've instilled in our roster .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
You did alright boss. You did alright. Enjoy being a regular Joe and just trooping, although I'm sure you won't be able to help yourself to organise some event during the year. I hope the next GCO vontells you to do something haha.
Kev's name in orange, no there's something I honestly thought I'd never see. Thanks for your hard work and dedication Kev, I don't think most people realise just how much of your time and money you've put towards making us the best damn garrison in the world.

Enjoy your retirement, you've earned it.
Thank you for everything you have done for the Redbacks and the Legion, over the years Kev.

I have only recently joined the 501st. But the friendship of the members i have dealt with to date has been great. If that is your legacy, be proud of it.
Thank you for everything you've done, Kev, both in front of and behind the scenes. The garrison would not be what it is today without your tenacity and insight.

Cheers!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

It's been a pleasure having you as the CO and our first introductions at Kevcon?

See you around the traps mateSmile

Terror
Have to say Kev, I am a bit disappointed. Only 277 words for your farewell speech Cheeky
Thank you Kev for everything you have done as the CO.
We are the best, as we have been led by the best.
It has been very fitting as a TK having lord Vader as a boss.
See you on a troop soon.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Thank you for all your hard work Kev, enjoy that down time!
Thank you for your service to this Garrison and to the 501st legion.

I feel priveliged to have become member under your stewardship, and to have trooped with you over your last two events as GCO.

See you at the next troop!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19