hello from Yamanto
Hello everyone ?
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Lance have just turned 41. I live in Yamanto (near Ipswich) and I work in the Air Force at Amberley as an Armament Technician. I have always been a BIG Star Wars fan and I first became aware of the 501st back in May when I went to the Dream World Star Wars event. I was very impressed with what I saw and I engaged in few conversations with some of the Redbacks.

Since then I have done a crazy amount of research on the Internet and I am happy to announce that I have ordered and paid the deposit for my first Storm Trooper Armor and Helmet. I ended up ordering a kit through AP Armor in Canada. I am heading to the US in a couple of weeks for work and co-ordinating with Mark to have it delivered to me in Vagus.

I feel like a kid counting down to Christmas. ? And can't wait......

I did also order a E-11 blaster but I'm told that it may be an issue getting it back to Oz. I am currently pursuing that issue with the authorities atm. Any advice on this front would be greatly appreciated.

Well guys and girls - The next step is to put myself out there and meet you all. I'm guessing the best place to do the is at an Armor party? Are there any AP's or other events you would suggest I could come to to meet you all and put faces to names?

Lance

Photo of Me and my two kids at Dream World back in May

Hey Lance welcome to the Redbacks!
Jump on http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ if you haven't already for more info on the tk's (stormtroopers). I've got no idea about importing weapons sorry, so someone with more knowledge shall have to enlighten us both!
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Welcome Lance,
There is some good info here in regards to importing blasters:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=750
Fill out the form on the QPS site, attach a photo and you should get a permit.
What type of blaster have you ordered and has it been dispatched yet?
Enjoy the journey!
Thanks PhantomBlade and Scotty33.
Mark from AP put me onto Brett Fulford. Provided I can overcome the importation hurdles when clearing through Customs. I have already started the process with QLD Weapons Licencing and I have provided the Form 709A. They have been helpful so far and I am quietly confident I will get the permit I require. Just have to let the process do it's this atm. Fingers crossed!

I'll keep you posted on the progress

Lance
Welcome to the forums Lance Smile
Hi and welcome to the forums Lance. A few of us are out Ippy way now.

Glad you have done your research and are well on your way to getting your armour. The weapon import thing can be a bit hairy but so long as you fill out the required paperwork and talk to the right people you should be alright.

Make sure you sign up on FISD http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ to do all the additional research and follow builds. There are quite a few well detailed build threads here on the Redback forums.

If you haven't done so already I would recommend for your gloves Nomex flight gloves pretty cheap on ebay, a neckseal from Mammasith (Redback seamstress who does wonderful work shoot her a private message), Mammasith will also do holsters too I think, undersuit depends if you want a one or two piece but Aldi from time to time do the two piece compression suits so keep an eye out.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, loads of people here willing to help out.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey Phantom - Thanks mate. Already a member and find myself trolling through all the posts almost nightly. Funny you bring up the nomex flying gloves. They are exactly what I was planing on getting. I use green ones at work. I did find a guy on ebay up at Toowoomba recently selling black ones, but unfortunately he's had the modified finger tips so you can use smart screen devices. Not wanting the modified ones.

I'm about to head over to the US with work and the US air bases have clothing stores you can buy most things from. I'm hoping they will have the black nomax glove available there.

As for the Neck Seal - As a technician in the military and a chippy (carpenter) before that, I am pretty handy with my hands. I've managed to persuade my wife into letting be get behind the controls (pedal) of her sewing machine a couple of days ago. I went to Spotlight and found some black neoprene. I also use some 50mm black Velcro and a $5.00 black tee-shirt from K-mart.

This is my first attempt. Thinking I did pretty good! Peace
Ps. not a very flattering selfie photo using a mirror Rolleyes

Hi Lance and welcome aboard.
Great to see you are well underway on your journey.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
G'day Lance and welcome to the Redback forums. As Phantom said there's a few of us out this way - I'm just at Springfield Lakes, just down the road really. Sounds like you are on the right track with your AP armour. You'll certainly find a wealth of experience and knowledge here once your armour arrives and you are ready to get stuck in. Again, welcome.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Hell, I have also ordered a TK from Mark at AP, and have emailed Brett re the E-11 blaster
. how did you go with the import & on the B709 form what did you put in the "genuine reason for importing" part ? & what did you call i. I assume itcomes under the Replica section. any advise would be great.
Welcome aboard.... TKs are awesome....  enjoy the ride.
Have we ever hit anything with these things?

DW2016   OCC2016   BN16