---FREE FILES--- Make your own Holocron
So I was digging through the files on my laptop (since I have just moved to a new computer) and found a project I started some time ago and figured there was no use just leaving there and I may as well post it here for any that are interested.

The plan was to create my own working Holocron. I was going to laser cut the exterior to make a multilayered acrylic cube and then place a Bluetooth speaker in the middle. Then using a custom albums that I put on my iPhone I could make it seem like the Holocron was talking. This was really me experimenting with what I could do in regards to audio editing and making custom Albums so they are by no means perfect. I got as far as getting a decent amount of tracks imported/edited, designed the exterior and bought a decent speaker but the project has been on hold since.

So with all that said, I have attached a link to a ZIP file on my Dropbox where you can easily download it if you wish.
To import it into iTunes it should be a simple matter of dragging and dropping each album as they should be formatted already.
The ZIP also has some rudimentary Cover Art I made to serve as a placeholder from images I found and edited until I could make better ones.
Also it should go without saying I don't own any of this audio

If you want to have a go you are more than welcome to download the audio tracks and have a play with them, maybe even get you started on building a Holocron if you wanted  

DROPBOX DOWNLAOD:
​You should just be able to download it without an account
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovcnb0relt7e3k...).zip?dl=0

ALBUM CONTENT:
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-11-09%20at%2011.46....stgkgf.png]

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-11-09%20at%2011.47....73gmlm.png]

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-11-09%20at%2011.46....k234p6.png]

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-11-09%20at%2011.46....tyrenk.png]

[Image: untitled_zpsojlcz7mn.png]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where the build got up to before I put it on hold:
At this stage it was really a bit of a prototype to see how thin I could cut with the materials so a couple bits were accidentally snapped by me but it could be done (probably should've given the plastic a bit of a clean as well, oh well)

Ok, so a brief explanation of what you're seeing: The design consisted of two shells/layers. The inner layer was a simple blue acrylic cube with the internal faces title sanded to frost them and hide the speaker. I was also toying with installing LED's. I did do a bit of a mock up with a torch and that looked really nice. Then the outer layer consists of the patterned parts. 

[Image: 1_zpss5yxy9gp.jpg]

[Image: 2_zps0psrxfn9.jpg]

[Image: 3_zpsr5c94vob.jpg]

[Image: 4_zpsprnuy0yx.jpg]

[Image: 5_zpswqsufcsc.jpg]

[Image: 6_zpskbpkskkp.jpg]

[Image: 7_zpsrjllrwze.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, as promised, here are the files I made up to laser cut my holocron. I used a mixture of photos I could find and editing to make them.
As for the internal layer I used this website here: http://www.makercase.com
It's a very clever website that will generate laser cutting plans for cubes when you specify dimensions. (I used the Finger Slot option so I could join the parts)

Feel free to use them to make your own Holocron. All I ask is that you don't use the files to produce things to sell. Just personal use only please Doppeldaumen1

Side:
[Image: Design%202%20Scaled_zps2t2ppayc.png]

Top:
[Image: Holocron%20Top_zpsfcogvssz.png]
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Wow, that's a pretty cool project!
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
That's pretty cool can I ask where you get your cube parts from ?
As sounds like a cool project to try

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
hows the vader or any costume building going?
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Friday 8-Jan-2016, 12:32 PM)Beanie Wrote:  hows the vader or any costume building going?

Well It's going great, but as of now I'm in the dreaded wait list phase at the moment. I'm waiting on my Leathers, cape and robe from CP and my helmet + chest armour from bookface. Everything's ordered, received or in a wait list.

I sent the finally measurements to CP for the pleating in the robe the other day so hopefully that won't be too far away. As for the wait on the helmet + armour, bookface is currently moving shops so there'll be a bit more of a delay but I can't wait for it to arrive.

So in brief heres a bit of an update:

Quote:Parts List
[Ordered] --- Helmet --- Bookface, Finished Darth Ugly Vader helmet
[Received] --- Balaclava --- Anywhere I can find a plain black one
[Ordered] --- Cape --- Custom Props
[Ordered] --- Chest Armor --- Bookface, Finished chest + flush shoulder bells
[Ordered] --- Inner robe --- Custom Props
[Ordered] --- Bodysuit --- Custom Props, Two Piece Leather
[BUILT AND DONE] --- Chest box --- Scratch Built by Myself
[Received] --- Gloves --- Fenix Props
[Received] --- Belt --- Fleet Farm & Muppet --- Assembled by me
[BUILT AND DONE] --- Belt Boxes --- Scratch Built by Myself
[BUILT AND DONE] --- Belt Buckle --- Scratch Built by Myself
[Received] --- Saber Hook --- Wanna Wanga
[Received] --- Cod Piece --- Artisan Props
[Received] --- Shin Guards --- Portumac
[Purchased] --- Boots --- Dublin Universal Tall Boots
[SHIPPING] --- Lightsaber --- Parks MPP Replica (with Wanna Wanga parts upgrades)

Other MiscellaneousBits and Pieces
[Purchased]--- Transport Case --- Pelican Case
[Received]--- Helmet Carry Case --- Guardian CD-300-14 Drum Bag, 12" x 14" Tom Tom
[Received]--- Chest Box Electronics --- Fettronics
[Received]--- Some of my 3D modelled and printed Chestbox parts --- Shapeways
[Received]--- Chestbox Decals --- Fenix Props
[Received]--- Chicago Screws (10mm Diameter) --- eBay

I'm in the process of converting the Parks MPP Flash Gun Replica to a belt hanger saber and I'm expecting the conversion kit from Wanna Wanga to arrive to upgrade it.

So because of the fact there's really not much else I can work on thanks to wait times I've decided to finish all the half done projects that were in deep storage Smile

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

(Friday 8-Jan-2016, 10:42 AM)Wolf Wrote:  That's pretty cool can I ask where you get your cube parts from ?

Cheers
Wolf

Thanks mate, I'll get some more details up in a couple hours since I'm out at the moment, but stay posted Wink
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
(Friday 8-Jan-2016, 10:42 AM)Wolf Wrote:  That's pretty cool can I ask where you get your cube parts from ?

Cheers
Wolf

Ah just realised that I never linked to them and only listed the website, sorry my bad.

I think I found the exact file I used, you'll just have to import it to your laser cutting software.

Just download it from the link here and go nuts guys Wink
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdt9uzga4v811md/Box.pdf?dl=0
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share your 3D files here TerrorFirma 0 542 Tuesday 8-Dec-2015, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma