First thread. Can you ID this stormtrooper suit?
Hi everyone. I'm in the means of joining the 501st with a orginal stormtrooper uniform but yet to get my hands on one. Looking at Anovos but it's difficult to get one because they won't post here to Australia. And ive been offered this stormy uniform

http://tinypic.com/r/1zz6io0/9

But not sure about it so any info would be appreciated.the helmet ears arent seperate with the 3 screws so might be efx? Which i dont want.

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Doesn't look quite right mate. The details all look very soft on the armour so it might be a recast, the helmet is a strange one indeed with the ears fixed without any physical method visible, it isn't an EFX.

For all things stormtrooper please sign up on http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ (FISD) there is a list of vetted sellers there, to do all your research and much much more.

Also have a read of the CRLs to determine which stormtrooper you want to re-create from the original trilogy http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Looks terrible, I would steer well clear.
Hi DEX, follow Phantom's advice. I can tell you straight off the bat there are better quality kits available from the vetted sellers on FISD then the one you have posted above.
I concur, go through whitearmor.net you will find much better quality there.
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Thanks for the advice everyone. Turns out it was homemade, at best a recast.dodged a bullet there!
Welcome to the forums DEX, well done on asking before making an expensive mistake!
Definitely get over to whitearmor.net and check out the list of vetted sellers.
Where in Queensland are you located?
Most definitely a recast off something.
The Helmet should be compiled of a face plate, cap and back and two ears. This has either been 3D scanned or a mould taken of a completed helmet. I can say the same for the ab plate. The chest looks quite long a swell.
As mentioned above, please go to FISD and steer clear of anything sold on ebay etc.
Plenty of vetted sellers and good advice available.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Go with all the advice on here.
I just got my TK kit from Troopergear off white armour web links (FISD)
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save
It really looks like the old FX armour, it's no longer made so this is a recast of it.

Thanks for all the input guys ? I ended up going with the Anovos Orginal Stormtrooper kit. Can't wait to get started on it! Woop woop!

Scotty33 I'm located in Beenleigh.
Did they make you aware of the current wait time? And have you actually ordered it yet?

I've read the wait time can be months! All they've said is that it will be posted sometime from now to July. Even the creditcard transaction is taking days to clear. Not to mention how they don't send direct to Australia...
So have you check how much an on forwarder will charge freight on top of the Anovos freight charge to them?, the reason i have so many questions is I just want to make sure you know what you are in for as total charges.
My next question is how tall are you and what is your waist measurements?
Not all Armour fits all body types, so sometimes a certain maker of armour is better suited to a shape and height.

Yeah i have a quote on freight. All in all it will cost 1200 to 1400 for everything. And I'm 172cm tall and my waist is 93cm. I seem to fit into Anovos dimensions.