costume ideas :)
Hey guys i thinking of costumimg ideas , i think i would like to be a sith lord or a stormtrooper , reby reb reb will help me lol still new to it all Smile
Sith Lords are always pretty epic (but I"m rather biased), but can be expensive. Vaders come somewhere between the $3000-$5000 mark (I think) and Mauls will usually start around $1000 (I just did my math, and I"m at $995 completed. Will be more depending on where you buy robes from). I believe TKs can be done for around the same as Mauls, but don't take my word for it. I wouldn't have any idea on the rest of the Sith.

You'll want to check out the Sith Lord Detachment (which includes Kylo) here - http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx
and also the Flagship Eclipse for the non-movie Sith - http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/

And the FISD here - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Realistically, you don't have to choose in the end. Nearly all of us have more than one kit!
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Stormtroopers will end up costing around 1900$ depending on where you buy everything, and generally speaking, they are easier to build due to the larger amount of info on them that is out there. Which makes them ideal for first time builders.
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Sith Lords can vary in price, depending on the complexity of the build.

The scary part is the accessory costs with Sith Lords, mainly boots, gloves, belts and such for some of them, Kylo Ren for example is nearly $800 in just leather pieces alone. Vader is $4000+, Emperor and Dooku are cheaper by comparison, except for prosthesis and such.

Believe it or not, the standard TK StormTrooper is the best choice for many reasons.

1. Cost - Might sound like much, but you get a lot for your money by comparison.
2. Construction - We have as a group, nearly a decade of experience of assembly of TK's and other armours.
3. Sourcing Parts - TK's are the best and easiest to source armour for Star Wars fans.

Just sometimes, you want to jump into a big expensive costume, but sometimes the standard ones are best, and a great starting point. I started as a Biker Scout, then moved onto become one of the first ARC Null Class Troopers in the world, and now Kylo Ren, who has become scary expensive to make due to the unique materials required.

Those are my two cents.
I can very much confirm that Vader is a very very expensive beast... It also takes the longest to build out of any Legion costume (other than maybe Boba Fett) Those who go for Vader need to expect that it will take at the least over a year to sometimes 2 to build one for approval. There's lots of factors at play there, with vendor choice, runs, wait times, etc. Not trying to scare you off, but I am giving first hand info.

And I can say that Phatomblade has got you covered with Maul, she knows her stuff Wink

The other gents are correct, the TK's (from my limited knowledge) do seem to be a one of the best jumping off points. Of course if you want to get straight into it with an even more affordable option there's always Imperial Officers or TIE Reserve Pilots Doppeldaumen1
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Biker scout is a cheaper, more mobile and damn sexy alternative! Motocoaster, Speederbikes.... oh my!

Go to bikerscout.net for all the scouty goodness.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Hi Benny. It sounds like you have some costume / character ideas in mind and that's always the best way to go - the costume that engages your interest will be the best one to do, even if it's a complicated one. I chose Boba Fett as my first costume because it was simply the costume that 'resonated' with me, despite its complexity and build time. And that complexity and build time can really get to you as time moves on. But eventually I'll have the costume that I dream of owning and trooping in. Cost is a factor of course but listen to what your heart is telling you - there's so much help available if you do end up doing a 'complicated' costume. All the best with whatever costume you go with.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Costume build/ideas Markalorian 2 439 Saturday 15-Jul-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Markalorian