the start of kylo ren
so I have officially started my kylo ren outfit... well I have the helmet and I think a pretty good one at that. however I don't have a clue on what to do for his actual outfit. does anybody have a link to somewhere I can buy the required parts? I cant sew to save my life so I think it would be better for everyone if I just spent some cash lol

anyway here is the helmet

Sign up to the Sith Lord detachment, pm Phantom in regards to approvable materials and components and pm mammasith regarding a commission build , imperial boots make a well priced quality product, the outer monks cloth / basket weave type fabric and its size and appearance is the crux of this costume.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Start off with the CRL:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Kylo_Ren

Do as cyclops suggested sign up on Sith Lord detachment to do research and I believe there is a FB page Knights of Ren that have a lot of helpful tips and info.

Stay clear of cheap online costumes and ebay.

Look at getting accurate material, to me this costume is all about the material, how it flows and how it looks. There are plenty of good reference images out there for all the parts use these coupled with the CRL and research on the Sith Lord detachment and you shouldn't be able to go wrong.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
MammaSith is definitely the way to go with the robes for the KR. There are some pre-made robes available, but they will either be too far from accurate to use, or need a lot if work to get them approvable.

If you get them tailor made to fit you, you will save yourself a lot of money, and heartache in the long run Smile

[Image: 2HbPbX1.jpg]
If you haven't already, join the 'Knights of Ren: costuming group' they have everything Kylo! It's supported by the RPF and has numerous 501st members on it. Including the Kylo guru Dawn Bright (you can check out her vids on youtube (. If you are looking to buy soft parts I think your best option os mammasith or Saints Customs, they have a great rep with Kylo builders.
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Well it looks like everybody's got you cover here Doppeldaumen1
As the gents above said the "Sith Lord Detachment" is a excellent source for all things Sith lord and Kylo Ren Smile
http://forum.501stsithlords.com

We're a friendly bunch over on the SLD so head on over and introduce yourself Wink
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
I am a member of the Knights of Ren FB page and while they do have advice and tips be very aware that a lot of it is not 501st approvable
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
cheers guys. im going to jump over to the sith lords shortly. i have also joined knights of ren on facebook so i will see what i can come up with. thanks for your help