Hello
Hello Everyone,
I've just joined the forum and I'm very interested in becoming an active member. I live on the Sunshine Coast. Just thought I would introduce myself.
Regards
Wendell
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]
Hi Wendell, welcome to the Redback forum! Have you decided on a costume yet?
I'm thinking about a Tie Pilot. Obviously I'm now looking for lots of advice and assistance in locating appropriate costume items. My girlfriend and I have been active members in historical reenactment for 15 years so sewing won't be an issue Smile
Welcome to the forums!
You can have a browse through the CRLs here for some help in choosing a costume:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29
Wendell, what kind of name is that? Sounds a bit girly. We accept all kinds in the Legion.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
I would have picked Draco, but my girlfriend would slap me for choosing something so feminine Smile

Thanks for the welcomes so far everyone. I'm sure I would like to be a Tie Pilot. Trying to get registered on the JRS forum. I really need a complete list of what items I am best buying, and what I am best making myself. If anyone on this forum can steer me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

Thank you in anticipation.
This is what Slide effect posted in another newbies post, hope it helps.
(Friday 22-Apr-2016, 06:53 PM)Slide Effect Wrote:  Tally Ho!!!!

All things flyboy can be found at our home The JRS (Jolly Roger Squadron....I know we have the coolest detachment ever right??)
http://www.jrs501st.com is where all the cool cats hang out Smile

just to get you going try this.......

Belt: Message Muppet here on the forums as he makes cool belts
Flightsuit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIE-Jumpsuit-Sta...20c4a4a7e5 this is the one I have and it was approvable with no problems. It is also the same as worn by Bullant and various other redbacks.
Boots: www.sovietboots.com
Hat: It was SideshowMel but Im not sure if she is still making them.....anyone???
gloves: www.wampawear.com
Holster: Give Mammasith a shout on the forum - she makes cool holsters
Sidearm: gmrhodes does some DL-44's that are pretty cool!!
Code Cylinders: See the Junkyard - I think RebelRach is putting an order together...

Ask heaps of questions and have fun building.....see you at The JRS Smile

Cheers

Look in the thread just started in fresh recruits by Lord Straxxus Smile
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Hi Wendell

Mate welcome aboard firstly and secondly GREAT choice in costume.

Check out above where I listed various items for Tie Pilot Reserve gear.
Once you get in the JRS you will find various armour makers etc too.

Ask plenty of questions and have fun........

As for medieval reenactment a mate of mine us a Russian Prince (and a viking too I think), all I know about it is he likes belting people with axes lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
If you have a seamstress at hand then I'd say that the flightsuit would be best made to order, rather than rolling the dice and ordering one online. Also perhaps the balaclava and/or neck seal. Just be sure to follow the TIE pilot crl exactly and also take photos and ask advice.

I have a set of TIE pilot armour on order from Walts Trooper Factory, you can contact Walt via Facebook. See BigDub's build thread to see what a set of WTF TIE armour looks like when (99%) complete. There are other manufacturers out there, you just have to decide what you would prefer cost/time wise.
My mother is a dressmaker so naturally I asked her to make my flightsuit.

Once she looked at type and amount of material and also factored in time, fittings etc it was cheaper and easier to buy it .
Not a problem if you are not being charged for time but still worth thinking about.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
(Friday 22-Apr-2016, 08:39 PM)Wendell Wrote:  I would have picked Draco, but my girlfriend would slap me for choosing something so feminine Smile
Your girlfriend sounds alright. Does she have a sister.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Thanks for all that info guys. Lots of research to do Smile
No doubt I'll be asking lots of questions in the future.

Draco, you sound like a nice guy. She does have a sister and maybe we can work something out Smile

Good advice about the flight suit Slide Effect. We were looking at the one available on ebay from the earlier post above. At that price, I've purchased it and if small adjustments are required we can certainly manage it. BTW, your friend who does Viking and likes swinging axes, he's on the right track Smile
Hi Wendell.

Looks like you have been given plenty of good advice and you look like you have made a friend already in Draco Smile

Have a read through this thread for all the CRLs and run down on the approval process.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

And definetly sign up on the relevant detachment to do all your research.

Have fun!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Wendell!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the forums Smile