Greetings!
A couple years ago when I had heard about a Stormtrooper who travelled Australia with a shopping trolley and was doing it only for charity. It was part of a news segment on TV that got me intrigued. I had since learned that this was a member of the '501st Legion'.

A year or two later I was driving from Gippsland Victoria to Melbourne along the highway when I noticed another Stormtrooper walking along the highway which immediately recalled my memories of this 501st Legion. I regret that I had been pushed for time but I sorely wished I could have stopped to greet the trooper.

Last year at PAX Australia, I met up with even more members of the 501st Legion and decided that I will eventually join this group. Now that I have finished my move to the suburbs of Melbourne, I have now the opportunity to join the Legion.

And here I am.
You will probably find that was the same stormtrooper, Scott Loxley, it took him 2 years to walk his way around Australia!

For your info, this forum is for the Redback (Queensland) Garrison of the 501st Legion, being based in Melbourne your local Garrison is the Terror Australis Garrison and you should sign up with them here http://www.501tag.com/
Ok then. Thanks. I will head down there.