Glasses in Helmet question
I desperatly want to be a TIE pilot BUT i'm badly short sighted and need spectacles. Is there sufficent space in the helmet to wear glasses or should i get contacts or not bother with the helmet?
Helmets are horrendous for fogging glasses , I use contacts in mine with no problem at all , just eye drops every few hours .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
My TIE and TK helmets are big enough for me to wear glasses inside, if your fan is decent enough they shouldn't fog up. For my CT and Cody I wear prescription safety glasses, again if your fans are good the fogging isn't that bad. (I can't stand contacts!)
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
I can and have worn glasses in my helmet ... it is doable with fans to stop the fogging (def wouldn't recommend without them)

Saying that though I prefer to wear contacts as makes getting the helmet on and off that bit easier
DW2013 to DW2018
I tried contacts for this purpose, but I couldn't get them in. No amount of head tilting/ eyelid propping tricks could make it happen. With some rearrangement of the helmet pads and fans running directly across the glasses I was able to fit glasses in there and they don't fog. You can expect more space in a tie helmet for glasses and fans, but the important point is to make sure the fans are blowing air directly across the glasses and not just randomly around the bucket.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Its contacts for me too!
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
You should be fine in the TIE. The helmet is huge. When it comes to your fans just go a little bigger and use Velcro to mount the fan, so you can alter the angle. I settled on mine that now mount right next to the visor and blow across the lens strip.
DW2017 Tie OCC2017
[Image: xkUIaO4.jpg]
I use contacts inside my biker scout
 DW2015   OCC2015  GCSN16  
DW2016   BN16   GCSN17
DW2018
Hey Skymate....
I'm blind as a bat and I wear my contacts when wearing buckets, there is a double fog issue plus pressure spots if your bucket pushes against your ears I have found and that makes it uncomfortable, also its hard enough to see out of and 2 lots of lenses and glasses movement does impede vision in my experience.

Just be sure to have a spare set and solution and your glasses when trooping for those added emergency issues!
cheers
Gix
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save