From Cairns
Hi All,

I had a great chat with some of you in Townsville at Magneticon.
On the day my eldest son was Anakin (cosplay) but not to the 501st standard.

We had lots of fun and he really loved getting photos with everyone.
All three would like Star Wars outfits now.

I am looking at Visas Marr: Unseen, Unheard, for myself. As I can sew and this outfit looks like a good place to start.
I have stitched a number of other cosplay outfits in the past, they have mostly been Mothers to my children's characters. So it will been nice to do something for myself.

For my husband I am thinking something along the lines of an Imperial Officer but not sure which one. Any recommendations?

Well that's me for now.
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the Redback forums , whatever costume you find that appeals to you check out the appropriate CRL ( costume reference library ) literature, from there we can direct you to the relevant detachment and you can open fire with questions both on the detachment and here on the forums.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome
Sith  Use your hate and strike me down  Sith
DW2017 FNG
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome!! I think I remember your son from the con. I was the guy holding the cameras, haha. Glad to see you here!
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

"Sure thing X-Mez. Whatever you say."

Banghead
Welcome to the forums! I remember seeing an Anakin walking around.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
Fantastic news AtomicM... MagnetiCon was fantastic and I know we all enjoyed it SO MUCH!! Great to see such a fantastic event up our way.

welcome!!!!
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save
Thank you all!
and Xmez I do remember you. We had a good laugh when you suggested that my Anakin use the force to strangle Luke. Father son love.
Our other 2 children were the small Gohan and the PS3 Journey cosplay.

Cyclops - I spent most of the 4 hr + trip home reading up on the 501st and scrolling through the GREAT CRL you have.
I always spend a lot of time on research before spending money.
In sewing we say measure twice, cut once. It has worked for me so far.

When I do start making a costume should I start a new thread here or somewhere else?
Or that doesn't matter?

By the way has the 501st been asked to the http://www.cairnstalk.com/popcon/ ?

Thanks again for the welcome.
hahaha when cutting our armour we say the same thing... measure twice, cut once!!!

You can start armour builds in the -> Costuming Resources / Armour Progress Pics, and Question Time section. You may also find similar builds to check and reference, and also ask questions of us on there too.

Someone on Command Staff can clarify and answer in more detail, however to request us at an event they need to send a request to us.

Doppeldaumen1
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save
Welcome aboard Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to the creative process and challenge.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Welcome
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome to the Redbacks AtomicM glad to have you aboard Wink
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Thank you all again for the welcome. I guess I should move off to start a new thread about my ourfit. Hope to make a star this weekend.
By the way you have a lot of great threads, info and the crl has to be one of the best I've seen.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk