Introduction
Hello from Hervey Bay. I have been keen to join for quite a while. Big shout out to a mate who has encouraged me for a couple of years now. Not sure when I can get into the costume end of things, but happy to join in and help when and where I can.
Hi Lynoceros

Welcome to a whole new world , seems local area is growing real fast as well , any idea what you like to end up with ? As there is a heap of people with lots of experience and wealth of know how and tricks and tips to help with your journey.

Hope to see you at a few local events ? That be happening over next few months .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Hello and welcome to the forums
Sith  Use your hate and strike me down  Sith
DW2017 FNG
[quote pid='173169' dateline='1502837288']
Thanks Wolf. 

I am quite a large bloke in the middle of a substantial weight loss at the moment, this coupled with finances are why I feel I need to hold off a bit. My original thoughts were Darth Plagueis, or someone who doesn't require armour as I can't deal with heat very well.

I would absolutely like to get involved regularily.

Cheers.

[/quote]
Mate great to see you sign up! Very warm welcome. As Wolf said we have some awesome community events coming up in the later parts of the year, including a troop at the Xmas fete at Yarilee.
We also have an all night event coming up for Relay For Life that we will need some support at. Next time we catch up at the school I can lend some info about the starting points for good ideas for first costumes but there is no hurry mate. Well done on joining!

Also I vote possibly best avatar ever.
DW2017 Tie OCC2017
[Image: xkUIaO4.jpg]
Welcome to the forums mate. With BigDub in your corner, you will do well. We are a pretty friendly bunch and are all here to help where we can. Look forward to meeting you soon.
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Huge thanks to all of you for welcoming me into the dark side! I look forward to meeting you all.
Welcome to the forums! Seems the Maryborough/Hervey Bay area is gaining new members fast, which is great because it means more reasons to travel there and hit up the Fish n Grill :P
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Welcome Lynoceros, it will be great to have extra support crew at troops while you decide on your costume. Reserve TIE pilots don't have armour Wink just putting it out there Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
(Saturday 19-Aug-2017, 01:26 AM)Firestorm Wrote:  Welcome Lynoceros, it will be great to have extra support crew at troops while you decide on your costume. Reserve TIE pilots don't have armour Wink just putting it out there Smile

Thanks Firestorm. That is the idea I believe. I am leaning strongly towards Imperial Guard, but until then I am happy to support when possible. If asked to support, are there dress requirements?
Welcome to the Redback forums. Great to see growth happening in the Wide Bay region. Your in good hands up there with Baytrooper and co..
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hey mate. Here is Phantoms thread on support crew duties and expectations.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6990

We don't really have a dress code as such but almost all of the approved Garrison Members you will see getting around will be wearing the Redback Racing shirts. There are an option once your a full member.
I think the guard is a great choice mate when you get to it. Make sure you sign up to the Guards detachment. Here is the link.

http://www.forcepike.net

Speaking of shirts too, the Sovereign Protectors have one of the best looking racing shirts getting around, second only to the JRS ones made. Smile

One of our local member Phil (Dark Fatherer) has a wicked looking guard. I'm sure he can lend some info when needed.. It would make for some killer photos having two Red Crayons to protect our new Emperor (Tripple9) Courtney!!!
DW2017 Tie OCC2017
[Image: xkUIaO4.jpg]
Thanks for the advice and links good people!
Welcome to the forums. Watch out for those shady Harvey Bay guys Wink
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Welcome to the forums Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018