Bally's Big Kashyyyk Build
Put my entry for Bridge to Brisbane in today aiming for that ad my first troop in this. Yep, ambitious.

Armour pretty much assembled but I've still got some perfectionist tidying up to do on the helmet and some cut and glue to do on the chest/back to make it fit together nicely.

Gloves ordered from Wampawear.  Lens for the helmet was ordered ages ago and looks like on a slow-boat from the US.  Trousers in with Kayle to get the riding patch sewn on.

Fitting foam and straps for the armour is next and then test fit and then.... ugggg back onto sewing some pouches together.  Then it's into putting the soft-gear together.

[Image: DYumWD4l.jpg]
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
It 's the little things...  Stuck the shin greebs onto some scrap pieces of ABS and heat bent them around a 1" wide metal ruler.  Small bits are some 0.5mm aluminium sheet.  The belt buckle idea I stole from a youtube video I saw of a guy making a thermal detonator.  It's graphite powder rubbed over it with a coat of cleat matt to seal it, for the "buckle is gunmetal grey" look.

Chest/back is coming together too but will take a bit more patching and sanding until they're ready for paint.

[Image: lcbIQDJl.jpg]
Starting to come together!
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
(Sunday 19-Sep-2021, 10:20 PM)Chiro Wrote:  Starting to come together!

Thanks mate.

Chest and back armour are taking a while because I've been building a decent return up on the edge for both visual effect and reinforcement. So it's been a lot of filling, waiting, sanding, filling, waiting...

[Image: HB0j1fZl.jpg]

Everything else is painted and assembled.

[Image: gtyNRiKl.jpg]

Playing around with sponging the cam on and picking colours now. Need to get the cam on so I can finishing putting greebs on things like the biceps.

[Image: IGk1wxXl.jpg]

Also been prepping my 3D printed DC-15s.

[Image: TW5hkPdl.jpg]
You’ve done a good job of overcoming the pitfalls of purchasing a 1mm or less kit , by the time a thin kit is vac formed over a large buck you end up with paper thin plastic that is very fragile at best , unusable at worst , this kit has been made to look and feel very sound .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Started the cam today. I'm not 100% sold on it. There's a lot of blending in the screenshots but this still seems a bit too patchy to me. Might look better when weathered though.

[Image: YmWQmg4l.jpg]
The sample ones do look like the colour , size , shapes and pattern look a little too regular .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
(Tuesday 12-Oct-2021, 05:21 AM)Cyclops Wrote:  The sample ones do look like the colour , size , shapes and pattern look a little too regular .

Yep I reckon the body of the shapes needs to be consistently more solid too. I'll try doing that and 'extending' the shapes out into larger bodies.
Made the splotches more solid and I like it more. I'll still work a bit more of alternate colours into these areas and it'll look even better once weathered I reckon. It's funny how both Bolt and I have ended up with less of the base showing on these pieces than the other pieces. i don't think its intentional, just they way the smaller pieces work out but it seems to accurately represent the screenies anyway.

[Image: riHfMb3l.jpg]
Basis of the armour painting done. A bit more neutral space used in the larger pieces but still need to do a decent amout of weathering. Way too clean at the moment.

[Image: 4i3AQWSl.jpg]
Awesome test fit over the weekend with Bruce and Kayle.  Thanks very much for the continued help.  A bit more work on the painting, pouches to finish and a bit of sewing and velcro should see this thing done.

[Image: oMa8jlCl.jpg]

This bad boy's come along pretty well too.  Between sanding and acetone most of the print lines are gone and what's left I'll make look like weathering and scratches.  (Looking at it before I post, I've noticed I left the shoulder rest part of the folding stock off for the pic).

[Image: J3FTTl4l.jpg]
Forgot to update this.  Went together pretty quickly in the end.  Approval photos submitted.

[Image: H7iA0dZl.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coyotes Kashyyyk build Coyote 8 1,266 Tuesday 3-May-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Sly