First Order Armour Help
Interest Thread 
Hi everybody 

I was wondering if anybody would be able to check and tell me if the below listing was legitimate? It says it’s 501st approved but I just wanted to double check. Thanks for any help. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...983900143/
im a First Order and still only one for almost 6 years in the Redbacks and that kits looks pretty good but would need a closer inspection and of course a test fit. it does say needs glueing and all the straping and belts to be made and a helmet. i would need a closer look but id say its a good kit.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Hi Thug Pug

The first thing to note is it states 501st approved.
This armour doesn't appear to have been assembled so it is impossible to claim it is 501st approved as it would have to have been completely assembled and worn with submission photos sent to the GML of a garrison. In its current state, that is impossible. The truth is, a member is approved not armour or a costume perse. Ergo armour can not be approved without a member within.

This is an AmoryShop Props (made in Russia) they are reputable makers, which means it would be a fully 3D printed kit, possibly backed with some type of resin for strength.
This makes the kit a little more difficult to trim to fit and would possibly require a repaint after modification if it did not fit you initially. Limb length is the only concern in this area as many of the parts can't really be trimmed and keep their correct shape.
As to details, it looks pretty accurate but requires the following list of items that are not shown in the photo. Correct belt and pouches, helmet, boots, the correct FO gloves and undersuit and full gasket set, balaclava and blaster. Those parts will set you back somewhere in the vicinity of $1,200 + Australian to make the costume complete.

It states made of ASP plastic.  I've not heard of ASP plastic as a material, only a company called ASP Plastic Australia, they do injection moulding specifically but I can't see this kit as being injection moulded ( not how Armoryshop Props build these kits)so I believe she may well have meant ABS plastic which is indeed both a 3D printer filament material for printing but also is available in sheet form which most armour is vac-formed with.
The price seems reasonable for something at the stage of completion this is, but as I have mentioned to another of our members that sent me photos of this kit earlier in the week, only a first-hand inspection will reveal how this kit is made and if it is going to fit you.

Hope this information is helpfull to you Smile
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]