Interest in a Biker Scout
Hello! 

I'm interested in a non jawa-y costume and I really like the look and practicality of a Biker Scout 

I am very unsavvy when it comes to sewing or building armour so just looking to find info on the best places to source items from to see how it might fit into my very small budget! 

I definitely want to be part of the cool kids armour club some day, and feel I am probably a little too short for some of the other cool armour costumes we have!
FYI,
Pathfinders have just made the WTF make version one buckets no longer approvable. Chris the Prop Guy is doing some for a reasonable price.
[Image: 45677512995_695629da27_q.jpg]
Oooh thank you; that’s good to know!
I was looking at Chris or Temple Armoury for when I get Cosme disposable savings up ahah!
M'um m'aloo
Unfortunately I can't recommend Chris.. his work looks good on social media and his prices are quite reasonable but unfortunately everything myself and a few other people have bought has been well below standards. Vac-formed parts which he claimed were "A" grade have been exceptionally thin with orange peel and warped sections. Cast parts so thin you can poke your finger through them and full of bubbles.

And not to mention I had to wait months for parts he claimed were in stock and ready to ship.

I have already had to replace a bunch of my parts that were Chris made. What a waste of money.
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
Oh boo!
I remember you discussing at BrisNova a supplier who was less than average!

I'll scrap him and look into Temple Armory then! Thank you!
M'um m'aloo
Steer clear of WTF armour
As Bolt said Chris the prop guy unfortunately not so good as I’ve heard the same reports from other members

Temple Armoury in Adelaide make an excellent helmet as well

Studios creations make a good kit as well although I would recommend seeing if you can try one on as they changed their moulds a few years ago and the parts are a little bigger now then from when I got mine 10 years ago.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
I’ve heard good things about RWA Creations in the UK. Can’t remember if he does the biker scout though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Ouch who put that bulkhead there”
Bummer about Chris since he's local-ish!
Looks like when the time comes, Temple might be the way to go then!
I definitely have a lot more research to do, scouts to bug at events!

I imagine shipping from the UK would be a little high so might try and stick within Aus for now, but will keep them in mind!
M'um m'aloo
Hi Casey,
I'll try and remember to bring my Altmans scout bucket for you to see at bump in.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
We have seen some early CTPG gear wasn't hot, but have had some recent friends get recent pulls without issue and pulls were crisp. Price and availability with all vendors will be the ultimate pinch point for most costumes. I haven't seen recent Studio Creations but many of their older stuff and they were very consistent
Good Luck with whichever one you end up choosing!
[Image: 45677512995_695629da27_q.jpg]
RWA is the worst armor I’ve seen for scouts , I have a temple armory bucket which is exceptional , the studio creations armor is fantastic but the new moulds are larger than the previous. An early studio creations kit would be perfect. Chef’s creations out of the UK are also really good quality.

Will chat to you about options later on .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
(Friday 12-Apr-2024, 06:45 AM)Cyclops Wrote:  RWA is the worst armor I’ve seen for scouts , I have a temple armory bucket which is exceptional , the studio creations armor is fantastic but the new moulds are larger than the previous. An early studio creations kit would be perfect. Chef’s creations out of the UK are also really good quality.

Will chat to you about options later on .

I'll have to pick your brain for Scout stuff when you have a free moment/we're all together next! 

Thank you everyone who let me have a suss of their scout stuff over the weekend toooooo
M'um m'aloo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Cass's ROTJ Biker Scout WIP Meowied_Cass 3 802 Sunday 27-Feb-2022, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass