Well done and thank you (dreamworld)
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this, but I just wanted to say thanks heaps for the show you put on at Dreamworld today, and the friendliness and professionalism all your guys and gals displayed.

My son is a massive Star Wars fan, so he had to get a photo with every character he saw, lol, I'm sure a few of you 3 or 4 times, and everyone was extremely accommodating, which was especially appreciated on learning that you are all doing this on a voluntary basis.

He's a bit young for you guys just now, and much as I'd love to, I don't think I have the funds/time to be able to get involved to the level you guys are, but one of your people today did mention some sort of associated kids group, so I'll definitely look into that for him.

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks again, and well done!
No Probs mate glad you and your little fella enjoyed yourselves.
Anakin: "So, I should join the Dark Side because it has a good health plan?"
Palpatine: "And flexible working hours."

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Thanks for the praise. Look up galactic academy on the net and you will find it. And we are doing it all again tomorrow. Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Thanks mate glad you and your son enjoyed it, always good to get some good feedback and praise. If you get a chance you should try and make it tomorrow. There are a few of our kids in the Galactic Academy who marched with us today and will do it again tomorrow.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Its great to hear feedback, cheers for your kind words. Glad you guys had fun!
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
ditto to what everyone else has said, glad your son enjoyed it! Its all good fun.

Thanks for taking the time to come and post Smile
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
Thanks buckshot... I remember speaking with a few people yesterday about how to get involved with the 501st. It is a very rewarding experience being part of all the volunteer work we do. When you can involve at least some other members of your family and enjoy it together then it is even more so rewarding.

Look forward to your future involvement.
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

Were you the one I high fived for knowing I was a Shadow Scout? and later went on the water rapids with?
(Monday 21-Feb-2011, 02:10 PM)hopfot Wrote:  Were you the one I high fived for knowing I was a Shadow Scout? and later went on the water rapids with?

Nah, wasn't me.

Hey had a search for Galactic Academy and turned up the international site, but can't seem to find much specific to Australia, how closely are they tied to your organisation?
My two boys are in the Galactic Academy as Jawas, other costumes to follow Smile, and they were lucky enough to join in the some of the photos, the parade and a couple of other things...to say they loved it would be an understatement. It was all they could talk about on the way home last night...well for about 5 minutes before they crashed Smile
The academy isnt linked with the 501st at all. I think you will find that a few of our troops they can be invited along to join in, but only at the request of the person organising the troop and the boss might have to give the nod on it as well.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15