Painting Weapons
What is the best type of paint or brand to use on painting guns?

I have recently bought a DL44 and was planning to spray paint it silver for my first coat, black for the last and then sand away some parts to get the weathered effect as others have done. I also plan to isolate the nozzle and front grill of the gun so I can keep it silver (and maybe add some carbon scoring later?), so am I better off just covering it with good quality masking tape or do you use something else that is better?

I also want to fill up the holes where it has been assembled with putty. Is there any particular brand or type of putty I need that will bond with the plastic?

Cheers,
I don't know about everyone else, but I use Tamiya putty, basic type. Good for small areas.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
With all the blasters I paint, I prime them first then give them 3 to 4 light coats of black (spray enamel) then weather them with a silver by spraying the silver onto a box and then dabbing a sock or piece of rag in it, let it "tack" off a bit and then rub along your edges and high points. When the paint is almost dry on the rag rub over your larger areas, this will give a "misty" worn look. Finally I give the whole piece a spray with a acrylic clear to help protect it.
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try that way. Smile
Crypto, you have revealed the secret of your master work????Notworthy awesome :P