TK Gloves [Needed]
"And I thought this would be the easy part" - using my best Han Solo impersonation voice.

I've been to Bunnings, Home Hardware, Mitre 10, Blackwoods, Glenford Tools, BOC Gas, Protector Allsafe, Totally Workware, motorcycle shops, Vinnies and a truckload of other places.

I can not find a pair of TK Storm Trooper type gloves anywhere Cry

The silly workplace health and safety people have gotten into everything, so everything is colour coded now Banghead
I thought I could buy some black leather welding gauntlets and trim them down to the correct glove size ... but noooo ... they're red now Cry

So can someone help me out (and every other new recruit trying to do a TK build) where the heck can we get a compliant set of gloves please?
(Sorry there is no prize for the best answer, only my heart felt gratitude Notworthy )

(maybe a Drink up! if I end up at a troop with you).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DELUXE-STORMT...35b1d2e5bf

I have a pair of these, they are fantastic, lasted me 2 years now. Highly Recommend them as they have a cottony top and a leather like detail bit over the base of the thumb. The little strap and clip might be considerd by some to not be cannon, but I've never had a problem with them and that's easily removed if you want to take it off.

Hope this helps Smile
Also, rubber gloves get really uncomfortable after a while, you'd be surprised how much you sweat in a costume. I don't wear the chemical gloves for my ghost buster much because I get pools of sweat in the fingertips after a while.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
I use nomex flight gloves...got them pretty cheap off ebay. Will see if I can find the link tonight when I get home.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
i saw some suitable tk gloves at the armour disposal store in Bundy last week. I picked up a spare pair of scout gloves, whilst not 100% accurate, they will stay in the kit as a backup.
I'll check in our army disposal store tomorrow.

I keep hearing to avoid *bay??? These ones look pretty good though?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-STO...68c765ccd6
If you research both the product and the seller, you should be alright. I thought the same when I was linked to the sitharmor gloves on ebay, but I'm pretty sure he's a 501st member. Also, Phenixprops (he does TR helmets) sells on ebay, he's a 501st member too.

For the most part yeah, stay away from evil bay, but if you do some homework and check out banned sellers lists on places like the RPF it will help. As always though, it's a case of buyer beware. But I can vouch for the sitharmor gloves if anyone asks.
Fenix Props are no more, They had all their listings removed.
Oh really, that's interesting. Sorry to derail thread, I had no idea that had happened. Oh well.
(Wednesday 28-Sep-2011, 05:20 PM)Tachyon Wrote:  Oh really, that's interesting. Sorry to derail thread, I had no idea that had happened. Oh well.

It happened half way thru them making my vader bits, a while there i thought i wouldnt see them. Doesnt leave to many other makers of the leather and soft goods for vader and guards.

sorry back on topic.
i 2nd Tachyon i got a pair of sith armour gloves when i bought my AM suit. love them, still uber comfy.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
I got a spare pair from these guys..
http://www.workweardiscounts.com.au/
They are black riggers gloves, they were about $10 .
The only thing that is required is to stitch a small section at the wrist area to close them a little. They are soft leather and all black.
They do mail orders..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
This is where I got my gloves from great stuff...and pretty cheap, I bought two pairs.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOMEX-FLIGHT-...8bb36942e0
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
I'm also on the hunt for gloves.. If we have no success at the Army Disposal store I'll probably get a pair of Sith Armour gloves so Michael, just let me know if you want in on the order..
You can get black rubber gloves from Woolies for about $4, a bit sweaty, but the price is right :P
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
(Wednesday 28-Sep-2011, 07:55 PM)Phantom Wrote:  This is where I got my gloves from great stuff...and pretty cheap, I bought two pairs.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOMEX-FLIGHT-...8bb36942e0

I have these as well, I use to deploy with these when in the Army.
Excellent glove that's well made, offers feeling, breaths & will last.
If you decide to get these I'd suggest using the link provided, these retail for around $80.00 plus, here in Aus but of course in the states they're a dime a dozen so I brought a few.

However if you're going for accuracy then good luck on them dish washing gloves lol

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway