New costume! help needed!
Hi everyone! I just got my very first stormtroopers costume as an early Christmas present!!! It's fantastic and something I've always dreamed of having!! The black jumpsuit is alittle loose but I will get that fixed. I need shoes!!! Anyone know where I can get a ladies size 8 to 8.5?? and I'm taking suggestions on which would be a good first gun!
Cheers
Kim
Hi Kim and welcome!

We'd love to see some photos of your TK in progress and more than happy to give you a hand if you need it.

For boots, it depends if youre going for 501st approval or not Smile If not, you have some nice inexpensive options. Otherwise, these are pretty hard to pass up - http://www.tkboots.com/ . Theyre white leather and very very comfy Smile Otherwise, some people find boots of a similar style and spraypaint them white with leather paint.

You can go for a few different weapons, but most go for an E-11 (http://www.iconusa4.com/online/Images/st...ifle_0.gif ) if you can find a Hasbro E-11 for around $50, youre doing well Smile all the other bits like the ammo clip and the stock can be added http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e1...2636-p.asp .

I hope this helps Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hey Kim,

I too have a pair of TKboots, and they are fantastic. They don't have the horrible laquer finish the CAboots have, smell nicer and are quite a bit cheaper from memory. As for the blaster, I just have a black painted hasbro blaster, no attachments. Alot of people get the doopy doos kit, but I've never had a member of the public point out that my gun is different, and I'm not worried about bits falling off if a kid drops it.

Also, if you're in the market for a new undersuit, Step by Step in Brendale do a good undersuit, that's where I got mine. But there are heaps of options, if you're looking to replace the one you have that is, alterations can be just as easy.

Put up some pics of your kit, as Liz said, we'd love to see some pics of your kit and there's heaps of people here willing to help if you get stuck.

Hope the info helps,
Tach
[Image: sterb104.gif]
(Saturday 1-Oct-2011, 04:23 PM)kimcass Wrote:  Hi everyone! I just got my very first stormtroopers costume as an early Christmas present!!! It's fantastic and something I've always dreamed of having!! The black jumpsuit is alittle loose but I will get that fixed. I need shoes!!! Anyone know where I can get a ladies size 8 to 8.5?? and I'm taking suggestions on which would be a good first gun!
Cheers
Kim

Hello Kim & welcome to the RBG.

Apart fm all the members & other cadets here, muppet would be a good person to PM as well.

TK boot's are top of the line although you may need to wait a little depending on when the next run is & the pricing is excellent.
A cheaper option would be to maybe paint your own so long as they're similar in style & tbh it's how it was done back in the day if your going for screen accuracy.
I have a pair of caboots as well but apart from them being nice & shiny don't have much else good to say about them.

What type of armour do you have? As in who is the maker?
Your planning to join the 501st?

Ref a E-11, we do have a few weaponsmith's within the RBG.
TheWolf is one & so to Crypto although Crypto is rather snowed under with other projects at this time, they both make excellent scratch built E-11's otherwise you could look at importing which is another topic altogether.
A lot of member's have the hasbro type version with added parts to make it look more accurate, plus it won't hurt so much if you see someone drop it Wink otherwise member's may sell there's fm time to time for whatever reason.

[Edit] Scroll down & cheack out the Armoury section if you haven't already but yea never be afraid to ask.

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Gee thanks everyone!!! I will look at all the links you've given me and I will try to post some photos. My costume is a supreme edition storm trooper ready made.
Hey there Kim, welcome to the Redbacks.
Plenty of options for gear, just ask.
Here is the TK boots link.
http://www.tkboots.com/TK%20Boot%20Images.htm
As for a weapon, it depends on whether you are a regular TK which has the E-11 Blaster or if you go to a TD which is the desert version of the TK and then you get the bigger guns.
Most start with an E-11 and then go from there. Lots of choices....
Glad to have you here..see you round.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Thanks!! Just trying to figure out how to post a photo
[Image: 024.jpg]
I'm alittle short to be a stormtrooper!!
Ooh white and shiny Smile

Definitely a good starting point. Were you looking to join the 501st or just mannequin it and use it as display or just costume party stuff?

If 501st, it will need a couple of little adjustments here and there to make it more form fitting and comfier to wear (armor bites are OUCH!).

I cant pick up enough detail to make out who made the armor for you, and I'm not sure how tall you are, but Im one of the 'too short for a stormtrooper' people myself. Armor can definitely be cut down to fit and make you look 100% like you just stepped out from the films. If youre interested in the 501st, let us know where you are at! None of us bite, and most us itch to get our hands on another set of armor to help with!
I'm in Toowoomba, some of you guys where just here for Carnival of flowers! Yeah it definately needs adjusting....starting with the black jumpsuit which just hangs off me! I'm 166cm. Is the tk boot site Amercian?? is it in european sizes?? Would love to join the 501st my friend Hamish Carter who does radio here is an honorary member and is GREEN with jealously that I got a suit!!! so funny! Any ideas on how to get a better fit??
Hi kim welcome aboard!!!!

All the guys have given you great advice and dont worry, no question is too silly, we all still ask them!!! I dont know if there are any armour parties in the works, if there is get yourself along to one as its always best to have someone to help you with fitting - i learnt the hard way Hehehe Just keep trimming, trimming and more trimming!!!
DW2011CVICVII
Plenty! We have a handful of troopers up in Toowoomba, perhaps send a PM to http://www.501st.com.au/forum/member.php...ile&uid=50 or http://www.501st.com.au/forum/member.php...ile&uid=98 they can both be a little flat out with life but might be able to offer some assistance.

Otherwise, there should be another armor party coming up before Supanova November, cadets are always welcome to come and check out projects being worked on and see the different types of armor.

As for the TKboots, I think they have a sizing guide up on the top of their webpage. Am pretty sure theyre based in the US.

Its probably more hassle than its worth getting your current undersuit resized, Id suggest tracking down a full body black rashie (stinger suit). It has to be totally black, but symbols/logos are fine if they will be completely covered up by the armor.
Thanks again guys for all the info. My Hubby wants to know how you trim the suits, and with what! I work 6 days a week and it would be almost impossible for me to get to Brisbane for a armor party.But if its possible could you give the Toowoomba peeps a heads up for me? I might be able to get over to one of them!
Hi Kim, didnt realise you were from toowoomba. I am as well. I know Hamish, I was one of the guys that surprised him for his birthday.
[Image: hamish1.jpg]
I am on the left of Hamish.
If you need a hand or any advice send me a PM and we can organise a get together with some of the others up here.
Cheers
Agent
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Good on ya Agent!

Best of luck Kim Smile
Hi Kim, welcome to the forum.

The Rubies Supreme Stormtrooper costume, which you have, in it's original out of the box state, will not be approved for the 501st legion.
There are, fortunately, modifications you can do to make it acceptable.

The first step is purchase a new helmet. The one with the costume cannot be made accurate.

Here's a link you might want to read, it will give you some insight to exactly what is required to modify the armour to meet 501st legion approval

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=9437