need help getting a costume together
Hi everyone,
I recently got the released Blu-Ray of Star Wars and did some extended-universe research, which lead to me the canon 501st Legion, then, to it's namesake etc. and now I'm here.

I'm trying to get my hands on a high-quality/premium Stormtrooper costume, but have no idea how to do it, so I've got a couple questions..

1; How do I get a costume? Do I make it, Order it, etc?
2; How much will it cost?

any other info you guys can give me on the matter of obtaining a stormtrooper costume upto the standards of enlistment in the Redback Garrison would be great, as soon as I have one, I'm hoping to get involved!

Thanks.
Welcome Brodude!

Muppet is the man to talk to about costumes, but to quickly answer your questions...

There are makers both here and over seas, and the est can be obtained both locally and by post as well, so the process takes a couple months usually, but you don't want to rush anyhow.... there is some building involved, but you will get help along the way, and its not hard....

Final cost for a TK or stormtrooper is anywhere from about $1000 to $1600, but its not all in one chunk....

See if you can get to an AP, (armour party), some time, where you can see the different types and how they are built, and what might suit you. We have aps all the time when we are not trooping.
Incidentally, dropping by a troop to be a support person is a good way to see whst we do and how too.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome bro Smile
Can't say much more than what The Wolf has. Enjoy the journey and ask lots of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome,
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Welcome to the forums brodude.
Welcome
Welcome aboard, Brodude!

TK is the way to go! I think I managed to get mine finished a little cheaper than that, but I managed to get a good special on my blaster, boots and undersuit. The most important thing is to take your time, and enjoy building it. It's really a rite of passage - once you've got the armour building bug... hehehe!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
thanks for all the friendly welcomes, and that info!

I must admit, the cost is quite up there, but it would definatley be worth it and since there is no rush to get every piece straight off the bat, it is fairly reasonable. I'll talk to Muppet and get some more in-depth info, and I'll look into attending an AP, thanks for the help TheWolf and Moxxxie.
There are many experianced Troopers who are able to help you choose the best armour that is going to be right for you.

Don't be afraid to ask around.

I've got an AP (Authentic Props) kit. I love it.

You'll soon learn all about the different types of armour and you'll be advising the new noobs in no time.

Welcome aboard.

Scotty
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Hi there and welcome.

What's been said is good advice, I have AM Armour with a MM Helmet. :P