Help - Repairing Lightsaber..
Hey folks, I know we're a tallented group.. so is there anyone out there with some time to take a look at my poor saber? The soundboard stopped working and it wont hold a charge for more than 20 minutes.. Would love to know what Ive done to the poor thing (am hoping its just the charger)

Can provide all the original internal wiring pics from the builder (LDM on the fx-saber forum)

Would love to have it repaired/looked at before Supanova, and happy to pay for the time spent on it Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Sounds like it may have a broken or exposed wire and is shorting out... That would explain the fast draining charge as well.

Hoppy is good at these sorts of things.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Yeah, I can do it.
If you get stuck let me know and I will take it to work and get the Frankinator to fix it. He is the guy that does all the guns and electronics at AVPX and deals with this exact problems all the time. Good bloke our Frankie. You will just have to get it to me. Let me know.
Thats probably a good call on it Wolf.. I must have but a bit too much stress on a few wires whilst initially practicing SVJ.

Hoppy, ty for the offer mate Smile But Im worried about your soldering iron.. it's not very friendly Sad and I need a perma-fix Sad

Apok, that would be really fantastic, I can wrap it up and express post it down to you if you like.
Yeah, my Soldering Iron has been unfriendly. I need to get a better one Sad
Do that but I won't see him until Monady maybe. He only works two days at AVPX and it can change. Did you want to wait until I find out tomorrow what his days at AVPX are?
Sowwie Hoppy, I know you can do it, I just know your tools dont always cooperate with you!*lol*

Naw mate, thats fine. I'll just hand it over to you, just let me know his $ Smile
I'm reasonably adept at soldering and electrics, so can help out if required.
And Kev owns a GOOD soldering Iron :P. The kind I need to get.