Hi All
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking on this (and 501st tag) forum for the better part of 5 years and figured its about time to come out of the closet.

My name is Neil and I am another Rocky person and have worked in the same organisation as Angelman (E Wing Neil, Michael).

I have done medieval re-enactment for about last 10 years but the body is not as young as it used to be so looking for a new hobby.

hmm Costume wise - I am too big (chunky) to be a trooper - I have narrowed the choices down to Officer, perhaps a Vader (if I loose about 10kg) or Dengar. My better half is very handy with a sewing machine so I am lucky in that regard and my kids would think me awsome/cool/epic/whatever it is these days, to have a costume (the wife will just shake her head).

Anyhoos that enough about me for now and time to get back to the closet.

I will probably see our local contingent as the Xmas parade next week.

Cheers
Neil

G'days Neil.
Welcome to Redback Garrison.
Being chunky shouldn't stop you from being a TK. I weigh in at just over 100kg and i'm only about 5"4' and I'm still a stormtrooper.
But Dengar is a good choice too. I would talk to Sniper about that, he is the only Dengar we have so far.
Welcome to the Redbacks Neil, glad to see another closet dweller has joined up. There is one Dengar already in the garrison so it will be best to talk to Sniper to see what is needed for that build. Vader might be best for a later project as it is quite an expensive and complicated build but don't let that put you off there are plently of people around to get advice from.

Depending on how you feel there are also Gamorreans ( Jabba's guards ) and Wampas ( Taun Taun eathing Hoth creatures ) which might be options.

Still all the best and don't spend too much more time in the closet.
Welcome Neil
Welcome out of the closet, Neil!

We've got Stormtroopers of all shapes and sizes, and I'm sure there's a kit out there that will fit you.

Dengar looks like it's a pretty cool costume - Sniper has the scar makeup down pat, so I'm sure he'll give you some great tips on how to do that side of things.

Welcome to the Garrison!
Cheers
Mox
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hi Neil,
Welcome to the Redbacks. Another costume you could consider is a Tusken Raider. It has loose robes to accommodate the larger gentlemen.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Hey Neil, that's awesome news, you've definitely picked the right garrison to join, these people are absolutely awesome. I haven't managed to ask a question they haven't been able to answer yet Huh
Cool costume choice Doppeldaumen1
I may have to speak to you about modifying some Jawa costumes for Lisa's younglings (we don't own a sewing machine, which is probably a good thing Rolleyes ) Lisa has an Imperial Officer uniform on the way from the states, (ex 501st lady who happens to be the same size as Lisa) which will be good for her so she can wrangle at the same time.
I've been racking my brain how to get in contact with people in Rockhampton that may be interested in joining the 501st, any ideas?
Oh, don't let me talk you out of doing a Vader though, it would be great to have a regional based Vader, on the positive side you'll loose a kilo of sweat every time you wear it Hehehe
Nerf is building his TK storm trooper right now, so you'll have at least 2 shiny whites to flank you.

It's all very exciting Party
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Welcome Neil...feel good to be out of the closet Smile

Choose a costume that you like and go with that. Ask plenty of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
From one newbie to another.. welcome.
Lurking for 5yrs???... some might say that's stalker material Wink

Welcome to the RBG, I'd say you have a good idea on costumes then & yes regardless of the size factor go with what you want to do Smile

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Hi there Neil, welcome to the Redback Garrison forums. I'm Sniper, the guy with the Dengar costume. If you are interested in doing it, best jump on the 501st Bounty Hunters forum. You'll find all the info there, or just shoot me a PM.

Doing a Dengar is not difficult, but does require some lateral thinking as its a mix of different costumes.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Looks like the member base in Rocky is about to get a tad bigger.. :P

We're going to have a squad in no time.. Wink

Best of luck with the costume you choose. Just remember to do what you want.. Wink Can't wait to catch up with you. Smile
Thanks for the welcome all

So many choices - but its had to resist being a shiny TK or maybe .....ooorrrr..... how about

Done a lot of investigating into TK's today and I may be tempted to get a AM suit.

Found the doopy doos conversion kits for the E11 all I have to do is track down a hasbro E11.

Quick question folks - for TK boots would a pair a RM's painted white be good ??

Also noticed case fresh has efx tk bucket for $225 - is that ok price wise and will it look ok on a AM suit?

Cheers
Neil
AM kits are always a good choice for the larger troopers so by all means it is a good suit.
Many people here have an AM suit and I'm sure they can answer any questions you may have about them.
As far as the bucket goes, it is a much larger bucket than a lot of others out there, a little work may need to be done to get it approved.
I'm not an expert on them by any accounts but I do believe you'd need to replace the gogles, I'm not sure what else would be required.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Sunday 13-Nov-2011, 07:43 PM)dengar Wrote:  Found the doopy doos conversion kits for the E11 all I have to do is track down a hasbro E11.

Quick question folks - for TK boots would a pair a RM's painted white be good ??

Also noticed case fresh has efx tk bucket for $225 - is that ok price wise and will it look ok on a AM suit?

Cheers
Neil

Hasbro E-11s can be found around the place for anywhere from $20.00 to $50.00, depending on condition etc, but occasionally a bargain turns up too.

As for the boots, I am not familiar with RM boots, but you will need to pay particular attention to the look, and especially the shape and look of the sole... IE: flat soled, no tread, no zippers, no patterns etc.. Google some pics of TK boots and you will see what you need. They have to have a particular look when done. Otherwise, just get the "TK Boots:", or the "CABoots".

The EFX helmet won't look out of place with the AM armour, even though the EFX is slightly over screen size. And if you have a larger noggin, may be the better choice.
You will however need to replace the frown mesh in it, and the eye lenses, both easy job. The EFX is slightly heavier than an AP, MM, or one of the other helmets, but they are strong.... I don't think it would bother you if you used to wear metal helmets like me.

I currently have FX armour, and an MRCE. Both the forerunners to the AM armour and EFX helmet. I am 178cms tall and weight 99 kgs. I have new AM almost ready to go as well, but will stick with the MRCE (EFX) helmet. I like them.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII