New Deputy LMO
The LMD position has been in place for some time.

There is a new forum that I can see now. "Legion Membership Officer Forum"

And it is not just the two LMO that can post there. It is all the Legion CS and the Deputies. (as far as I am aware)

Each LMD looks at different detachments. As I've stated, they want me to keep an eye on BHG and SLD. And as you would know, muppet, there is a lot to look at and review.

Brian has asked me to look closely at ROTS Vaders in particular, as they come up.

Looks like I'll be doing a bit of homework in the near future.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
LMD ?
So many acronyms, no wonder recruits have trouble getting their heads around all of them, when even members cant keep up with them.
I'm a dumbass when it comes to the operations of this club.

So, say I had a Vader to approve (yeah right!!!), who approves it, Ken, or yourself?
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 07:03 AM)major payne Wrote:  I'm a dumbass when it comes to the operations of this club.

So, say I had a Vader to approve (yeah right!!!), who approves it, Ken, or yourself?

The current GML does, which is myself.

The main legion forum, has a section where if a GML is not sure/has a concern about approving a costume, they have the option of posting it up on there for other GMLs/LMOs/DLs and also COs/XOs and now this new postion to put in their input.

Its totally optional for the GML to do so.

Your GML is responsible for processing costume approvals. However, the final say in the matter is the LMO. The Deputy LMO, In this case, one of your members (The Scotsman) is responsible for serving the office of the LMO. Scotty's main responsibility will be to review Sith Lord and Bounty Hunter costumes on behalf of and in coordination with the Office of the LMO. This review takes place in the GML Review forum which is a private forum on the main boards. Scotty's only authority comes from the office of the LMO and does not extend to these forums unless required and instructed to do so by the office of the LMO.

Quote:Garrison Membership Liaison (GML): The GML is appointed by the CO. The GML is responsible for reviewing and processing applications for membership and maintaining Garrison member information in the Legion database. The GML reports to the CO and the LMO. For more information on the duties and responsibilities of the GML, see the GML Survival Guide located here: http://www.501st.com/databank/GMLSurvivalGuide
[Image: markxosig.png]
(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 07:01 AM)muppet Wrote:  LMD ?
So many acronyms, no wonder recruits have trouble getting their heads around all of them, when even members cant keep up with them.

problem solved
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-2213.html
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
(Thursday 24-Nov-2011, 09:45 PM)The Scotsman Wrote:  I'll also be working on completing the new Greedo CRL. Which I am about to start to write.

while your up in that all might position, can you ask them (and i have been asking that many times!) do they want me to do a CRL on Grand Admiral and Grand Admiral THRAWN!!!!

<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 07:27 AM)DarthCarcinus Wrote:  Your GML is responsible for processing costume approvals. However, the final say in the matter is the LMO. The Deputy LMO, In this case, one of your members (The Scotsman) is responsible for serving the office of the LMO. Scotty's main responsibility will be to review Sith Lord and Bounty Hunter costumes on behalf of and in coordination with the Office of the LMO. This review takes place in the GML Review forum which is a private forum on the main boards. Scotty's only authority comes from the office of the LMO and does not extend to these forums unless required and instructed to do so by the office of the LMO.

So how does one get a position like this? im just wondering, as there are many guys who live and breathe Vader and Boba, that have studied this costume over many years, and these 2 costumes are probably the most difficult and time consuming costumes to get right.
Be completely active and engaged in a detachment, and be available if approached. The position is completely at the whim of the LMO. A demonstrated knowledge of costumes is important as well, but it's not always necessary to know every single costume in the Legion. I was LMD last year, however my role was a little more expansive and included approving costume image submissions for the GWL upload, Approving costumes in the GML review, CRL approvals etc. This year we have two LMD's who are also helping out in the Detachments. So really it's up to the LMO what he or she has for an LMD if anything. This year the Legion Command Staff just happens to be especially busy, so dual LMD's to help out makes sense.
(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 07:43 AM)muppet Wrote:  So how does one get a position like this? im just wondering, as there are many guys who live and breathe Vader and Boba, that have studied this costume over many years, and these 2 costumes are probably the most difficult and time consuming costumes to get right.

(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 07:50 AM)DarthCarcinus Wrote:  Be completely active and engaged in a detachment, and be available if approached. The position is completely at the whim of the LMO. I was LMD last year, however my role was a little more expansive and included approving costume image submissions for the GWL upload, Approving costumes in the GML review, CRL approvals etc. This year we have two LMD's who are also helping out in the Detachments. So really it's up to the LMO what he or she has for an LMD if anything. This year the Legion Command Staff just happens to be especially busy, so dual LMD's to help out makes sense.
(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 07:43 AM)muppet Wrote:  So how does one get a position like this? im just wondering, as there are many guys who live and breathe Vader and Boba, that have studied this costume over many years, and these 2 costumes are probably the most difficult and time consuming costumes to get right.

Thanks for your explanation
No problem.
Nice going there mate a first for the redbacks again
Congrats
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
good on the apointment mate, must be good to know people high up in the boards!

are you going to be able to manage all these new roles your doing all over the world? need a hand off load to me... i know you!

also ask about my CRL for Admiral Thrawn again please... otherwise ill keep posting on IOC until i get an answer.
<p>
FNG
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 10:55 AM)Beanie Wrote:  also ask about my CRL for Admiral Thrawn again please... otherwise ill keep posting until i get an answer.

You need to contact the IOC DL
(Friday 25-Nov-2011, 11:12 AM)muppet Wrote:  You need to contact the IOC DL

i sent him emails, PMs and even created a post on IOC and still no response, i just think everyone out there dont like me for some reason these days, only patch traders talk to me
<p>
FNG
</p>