Hey from bundaberg
Hey my name is Wes im 23 and i live in Bundaberg i didnt know the 501st existed up until the other day i got the star wars complete collection on blu ray and watched the star warriors doco. Both myself and my dad really want to join but we just dont know where to start on construction of a costume we have an idea of what we want to be but dont know where to get materials to make the parts tools is not a problem. i see there is ppl close by in Hervey Bay and Maryborough which is great. cant wait to get started and join up officially.
Welcome aboard Wes

Have a look around, and once you decide on which costume you wish to make, just post it up.

Plenty of Redbacks eager to assist and point you in the right direction.

Hi there mate....welcome.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
a Tk (stormtrooper) is one of the coolest and cheapest builds these days and a great way to develope skills in costume contruction IMO for future builds. most people in the garrison have done a TK or TD as it is so much fun too. A shiny is the start to a bigger universe.
Welcome to the forums
scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Welcome to the Redback forum Wes.Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome, i did a troop up there a few years ago now... nice place.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Welcome to the Redbacks Wes! There are heaps of helpful folks around here to help you out when you and your dad decide exactly what you want to build Smile
Just recently saw the 'Star Warriors' documentary myself. That was some exciting experiences for those 501st members! If you can find the DVD, next you need to see 'Heart of an Empire' which will truly show you what it is all about.

Welcome to the best Garrison in the Galaxy! Doppeldaumen1
Welcome to the Redbacks Tekk as you would have seen in the doco there are lots (and lots and lots) of costumes to choose from Jig. If you decide to go stormtrooper there is a guy in queensland (mouldman) who makes good kits Doppeldaumen1. But it is probably best if you can get along to a troop or an Armour Party first and have a look at what is involved in putting a costume together (its not quite as easy as it looks). And even though we are considered to be the bad guys many of the troops we do are involved with raising money for charityHeart.

Also if you haven't visited the 501st site check out the Gallery of members to see what people have done world wide. Still best advice I cann suggest is pick a costume you like and then ask lots of questions, there are not too many costumes that no-one in the garrison can help you with Peace.

Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome aboard mate, a TK (Stormtrooper) is probably the best way to introduce yourself to Star Wars costuming.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Hi and Welcome!

Lots to choose from. Welcome to the start of a long journey..Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hi and welcome, tell your dad that he isnt the only "old" guy here, I am in the higher end of the '40s and have lots of fun. Its the attitude not the age that counts
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome, yep there is heaps of variety in the Redbacks, young/old, short/tall.
Being relatively newbie here myself, they are all incredibly helpful.
My mum & dad live in Hervey Bay so I may be able visit you for some local troops.
Just a thought: It's highly unlikely you will stop at one costume Smile
Welcome aboard mate!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Welcome mate,Bundy was my hometown,most of my family is down there.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever