Hello from Brisbane
Thanks all for the warm welcome and the valuable info and guidance so far. Fun times aheadSmile

Terror
(Friday 3-Feb-2012, 08:06 AM)TerrorFirma Wrote:  Thanks all for the warm welcome and the valuable info and guidance so far. Fun times aheadSmile
And...Terror

Its all fun 'n games til the snips hit the plastic Smile
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
As luck/destiny or the Force would have it my wife has been organising a StormTrooper costume behind the scenes for my birthday so some mods and changes will be needed to make it what it needs to beSmile the dremel may finally get some true use!

Terror
(Friday 3-Feb-2012, 09:07 AM)TerrorFirma Wrote:  As luck/destiny or the Force would have it my wife has been organising a StormTrooper costume behind the scenes for my birthday so some mods and changes will be needed to make it what it needs to beSmile the dremel may finally get some true use!

Terror

and then hairspray and Grout!!!

The dirtier the better!!! Td

(Friday 3-Feb-2012, 09:07 AM)TerrorFirma Wrote:  As luck/destiny or the Force would have it my wife has been organising a StormTrooper costume behind the scenes for my birthday so some mods and changes will be needed to make it what it needs to beSmile the dremel may finally get some true use!

Terror

You should get her to sign up on the forum. We can help her make sure she is getting something that is approvable. Its easy to get caught out when you don't know what you are looking for. Some sellers out there misrepresent what they are selling. Not all Storm Trooper costumes are the same.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Welcome
Welcome aboard, mate!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

(Friday 3-Feb-2012, 09:48 AM)Draco Wrote:  

Terror

You should get her to sign up on the forum. We can help her make sure she is getting something that is approvable. Its easy to get caught out when you don't know what you are looking for. Some sellers out there misrepresent what they are selling. Not all Storm Trooper costumes are the same.

Great point Draco,

(And even those that say they are approved arent (unless heavily modified or parts replaced... or just NOT)

Double tap...
One in the Heart - One in the Hood...

She has already paid for it and its on its way already. Its an FX version of the armor that will need modification and some parts replaced and is not 501st compliant as we have found outSad

But I see this as the fun part to modify and upgrade the armor to make it as authentic as possible whilst not being too much out of pocket initially.

Also I dont think I could get her to sign up as she likes the Star Wars movies and culture behind it but not as passionate as the rest of us....

Terror
i love the influx of more northside troopers. I dont feel so alone anny more :P. Welcome aboard mate.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Hi and welcome to the redbacks
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome to the mighty Redbacks
Welcome welcome!
Terror
[/quote]

and then hairspray and Grout!!!

The dirtier the better!!! Td

[/quote]

Have been thinking about this as I have had it mentioned to me that the supplier of the armor sometimes has issues of it being not as white as it should be and if this is the case then going down the path of a sandy or shadow trooper might be the go?

Thoughts?

Terror
Welcome Terrorfirma Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13: