Hello from Rockhampton
Hey there Gang
I'm Peter and recently met some members on here at BBC Cinemas in Rockhampton - of course after seeing TPM in 3D.
Thought I'd sign up and say gidday and see what 501st is all about.
Oh and I build Lightsabers - both functioning with Light and Sound or static props.
I use the same username on many other forums too - to do with SW.
see ya WinkSmile
Lightsaber maker
Hi and welcome
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome aboard mate, lightsaber Ay, you'll have to make a post with some picks of your work mate.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Hi mate and welcome....have to tell us more about your light sabres
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
G'day Peter & welcome, looking forward to seeing your work with the Sabres.
Welcome Peter - I remember you mentioning that you made sabres. Good to see you signed up to the forums. Smile

G'day Peter, welcome to the Redbacks!
Welcome to the Redbacks Mersenne I look forward to catching up with and your lightsabres. Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Yet another Great Northern Trooper to be!!
What is in the water up there guys?

Welcome MERSENNE to the Mighty Redback Garrison!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Thank you everyone for the kind welcome. I'm trying to break out of my shell as I'm often not a huge poster of words, but will try to make a change.
Still getting to know the forums and doing a bit org reading at the moment. So much reading when a noob.
I'd like to share so of my work with you all and will gather a few photos and post em.
Thanks
Pete
Lightsaber maker
Glad to run into you at the cinema.....welcome to the Redbacks.
Hey Pete, I'm Michael I was the TK stormtrooper talking to you. Glad you got online.
I think you're going to have a few Sith members chasing you for sabers.
Ask heaps of questions, the garrison is full of really helpful friendly people.
Look through the lists and find a costume that you want to do. (I'll always say a TK stormtrooper, but I'm biased, and don't listen to those 'dirty boys').
Happy to arrange a time for you to get a close look at our costumes if you like.

Woo Hoo - another one for Central Queensland.
I think the getting out and trooping even in small numbers is working Smile

Michael & Lisa
Angelman & LadyTarkin
Getting out for the public to see was way cool of you guys. It really lifts people. My family totally loved seeing you guys. I've told a bunch of people at my work and they've all commented on the great spirit in which everyone here participates - its quite commendable to you all.
It's started so many conversations between us all in getting involved in giving to communities and those in need. Thank you for the recent spark you've given me.
Lightsaber maker
(Sunday 19-Feb-2012, 09:17 PM)Mersenne Wrote:  Getting out for the public to see was way cool of you guys. It really lifts people. My family totally loved seeing you guys. I've told a bunch of people at my work and they've all commented on the great spirit in which everyone here participates - its quite commendable to you all.
It's started so many conversations between us all in getting involved in giving to communities and those in need. Thank you for the recent spark you've given me.

And here you were thinking you had to "come out of your shell", and may have trouble post enough words ? Very well put, I only wish I could have been so eloquent as these sentiments echo mine exactly. I really enjoy reading about the various troops, and the Children's Hospital ward visits sound particularly rewarding.
Hopefully we can meet up some time, and even better both armoured up and trooping with the rest.
Cheers.
Craig
Welcome Peter!