Hi from Gympie
Hi all,
Thought it was about time to make it official so here goes. I've been forum member for a couple of weeks now and have already made a couple of posts.
Like most members I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid, and I enjoy collecting Star Wars Lego Kits. My main interest is the original trilogy and I always liked the Storm Trooper Armour Han & Luke wore in ANH so I'm thinking ANH Hero.
I've already received some great advice and I'd like to thank APOK for his honesty in advice regarding armour size, TheWolf for his time and patience in discussing his AM Armour suit with me, crypto for his pricing and pictures of his amazing resin E11, and Deltorn for putting me onto FX Guy for his Holster, Neck Seal & Belt.
Like most people I like to do my research and it's great being able to access all the information in one place.
It looks like most of the upcoming troops are Brisbane and further south, but if anyone is heading North for a troop or anything else feel free to call in for a cup of java (or an ale if you've got a designated driver) as I'd love to start meeting members face to face. I will definitely be going to Dreamworld in May, and if I haven't got armor by then I'd be happy to wrangle. I love the idea of you guy's spending time at hospitals cheering up sick kids and I can imagine it's a very rewarding feeling to do this kind of thing.
In my free time I enjoy Fishing, Hunting and most weekends will find me combining one or both of these past times with Camping & 4WDing. I also play A-Grade Volleyball and enjoy playing away at tournaments.
If it's OK with Kev Vader I'd like to come to his Armour Party next month & I'll pm him accordingly.
Cheers guy's, thanks for your patience in reading my long winded post & keep up the great work.
Regards
Craig
Nice introduction and welcome to the forums Craig.

Looks like you have all the bases covered with finding parts/suppliers etc.

Just remember if in doubt...ask, there is always someone around to help.

Cheers.
Cool thanks for the intro, welcome.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Thanks crypto, and thanks again for the awesome E11 Pic's, love your work. Thanks Darkvoyd.
G'day BIDS. Glad to see you on the forums. See you at DW2012 mate.
Welcome aboard, Well look's the Sunshine coast is growing some more. I'm Also in Gympie just outside of town heading towards Tin Can Bay. We'll have to catch up one day when I'm on my days off.

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
Thanks APOK, I'll definitely see you at DW2012 can't wait, and thanks for your help & advice with armour.
Hi Mortogg, thanks for the welcome. Great to hear I've got another trooper in town, I didn't expect to hear that. Might work out good to car pool for different events. It would be great to catch up & compare notes, I'll pm you with my contact details.
Thanks again.
Craig
Hi BIDS, welcome to the Garrison. Peace

I'm really losing my title of 'Trooper Who Had To Travel The Most Distance' now that there are two of you in Gympie (I'm around the Cooroy area). Cheeky
Hi Phoenix, thanks for the welcome. Sorry we've scammed "The Title" from you, although I'll have a way's to go to catch up to your Tours of Duty.

As I said to Mortogg I'd be happy to car pool to different troops, and if I/we are heading you're way we could always call in and pick you up.

Here's looking forward to trooping with you in the future.

Regards
Craig
Welcom to the Garrison Craig....ask heap of questions...
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks Phantom, I've been talking to a few members and everyone has been super helpful. My next plan is to get to an Armour Party so I can actually physically see some armour and make the decision on which way to go.
Regards
Craig
Welcome BIDS Smile great to have you on board. Your intro was fab...hopefully I'll be there at DW2012 and I can say hi. I'm a newb too, so I've been loving following your posts with armor questions. Great, great info Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Thursday 23-Feb-2012, 12:02 PM)Anise Wrote:  Welcome BIDS Smile great to have you on board. Your intro was fab...hopefully I'll be there at DW2012 and I can say hi. I'm a newb too, so I've been loving following your posts with armor questions. Great, great info Smile
Hi Anise, thanks for the welcome & the kind words. Congrat's on your approval the other day.
I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to be part of such a cool bunch of people, just like a kid on Christmas.
Forgive my ignorance but is the "TI" prefix your designation until you've got you're full Tie armour approved? How are you going with the search?
Look forward to meeting you at DW2012.
Cheers
Craig

Here's your official welcome to the redbacks if this is your official hi...

Welcome.

If I don't see you at kevcon, I'll definitely see you at DW.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Thursday 23-Feb-2012, 03:52 PM)Deltorn Wrote:  Here's your official welcome to the redbacks if this is your official hi...

Welcome.

If I don't see you at kevcon, I'll definitely see you at DW.
Hey Deltorn, I'll consider myself officially welcomed. . . . . In all seriousness thanks for your help thus far.
As far as catching up @ KevCon or DW, lock it in Eddie !!!