Snipers DH-17 build thread
Ok, so not 'strictly' a Imperial weapon, but some Imperials do use a 'stolen' rebel blaster.Hehehe

Just a quick thread to show how to build one as compared to the Hasbro rebel blaster. Please note that this is a ROTJ copy, not a ANH copy, a lot of differences. This is for my Endor Commando, which is in ROTJ.

[Image: DH-17_negwt.jpg]
The ROTJ DH-17
[Image: P1020047.jpg]
The habro top, mine below.
[Image: P1020044.jpg]
The basic mark out, holes for cooling.
[Image: P1020045.jpg]
General mockup right side, using DD E-11 kit.
[Image: P1020046.jpg]
Left side with scope, barrel tip and buttons.
[Image: P1020048.jpg]
Progress as from 4th March. Will be cutting space for the scope mounts today. Pistol grip and mag housing are screwed in, not glued for strenght.

Basically this is just a highly modified E-11, using a lot of the same parts, with the exception of the scope, aiming tube and other items. If you can build a scratch build E-11, then you can build one of these. I'll be updating this tread as it moves along.

Sniper.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Looks good Snipe.
Nice mate - is that modelled off the tutorial off the RL forums??? Ive got a wood E-11 i was thinking of modifing to a 17, if i ever get the time . . .
DW2011CVICVII
(Tuesday 6-Mar-2012, 04:24 PM)Doc Wrote:  Nice mate - is that modelled off the tutorial off the RL forums??? Ive got a wood E-11 i was thinking of modifing to a 17, if i ever get the time . . .

Cheers Smile, not really modelled of the RL tutorial, I used the PVC Builders Club as a guide. I used this site more:

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/ROTJ_DH-17.gif

Hi Sniper...I love a good scratch build and yours is looking great! A couple of questions...
What size is the pvc pipe?
Where did you get the end cap? I have a Doopy end cap for my E-11 but it doesn't fit the pvc you get from Bunnings.
Where did you get the scope from?
Working with the resin parts, do you pin and glue by using small screws?

I intend on making one of these for my TR. So much to do so little time.
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Without going home and checking, think I used 32mm pvc pipe (will confern when I get home). If in doubt, take the endcap to bunnings to find a match. You may have to sand the pvc down to get a fit.

I used superglue to glue resin parts together, pvc glue for the wood to pvc and used small screws where needed.

The resin scopes threw someone on the 501st main boards or try evilbay, they are on there sometimes.

Will post up more WIP shots after DW.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread A "Digital" Build thread. Oevil1 9 1,813 Monday 2-Feb-2015, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Koliebrie
  My Little Pony (My DLT 19 build thread!) Cavalier 13 3,121 Friday 3-Feb-2012, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Cavalier