On another planet...
Great to see the super suit turned out ok Az...very cool mate Doppeldaumen1
Now I can start wearing my damsel in distress costume with purpose Eyebrows
I need to call on my super team!
I am currently upgrading all of my batsuit to movie quality and beyond, and have just recieved the mesh for the undersuit. However I am not able/competent enough to sew a full body undersuit. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help in this regard?
It would be similar style to the one we all wear as a TK to get an idea.
Right with Dreamworld officialy over, back to costume work Smile
Now I'm going to take a punt here with the mesh by myself, can't really find anyone to help me here. Now my idea was to take a TK undersuit, cut it up so I have a "pattern", transpose that to the mesh, cut it out and sew it together.
[Image: underv.png]

Is this the best way to go about it? Or is there another easier way? Any help is appreciatted Smile
That would definitely work. Sewing stretch fabric is tricky. Use a ball point needle, & check your machine tension first on some scrap, you may need to adjust the tension cos it's stretch fabric. If you cut the undersuit, remember to add seam allowance, or unpick all the seams so seam allowance is included. You could also buy a leotard pattern if you didn't want to burn a perfectly good undersuit.

That's all I got, I have never sewn stretch fabric.
CV:sn11::DW11::SN2011v2:DW2012:GCSN12:CVI:DW13:
Nice Azza, looking good.
You are not the only one with secret projects on the go as well JigJig
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Nice looking Project Azza...

Can't wait to see what you are 'secretly' working on next...???

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
sewing machines are good for one thing.... PATCHES! all else i fail at
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Thursday 8-Mar-2012, 09:55 PM)Anise Wrote:  I can't wait to see the batman one!!! Do your very best Christian Bale voice...post more pics???

Next time you see him just ask Azza - 'Where is she?' Wink

Sweet work manDoppeldaumen1
DW2011CVICVII
Heres a pic of the mesh so you know what i'm talking about
[Image: imag0289b.jpg]

Could have someone hopefully helping to sew it for me, otherwise i'm just gonna find someone in the yellow pages and pay them lol test runs were highly unsuccessful :/
What went wrong in the test runs? I can possibly help.

Maybe even sew it for you - can't make any promises it'll be good, but could try.
I believe i'm using the wrong method to sew it, someone also mentioned something called an overlocker, dont even know what that is.
Cut two small bits off to try and sew together and it was just a mess lol
I'll keep you in mind Mel if option A falls through Smile cheers
Meh. Overlockers are overrated. My machine has an overlocker stitch that would probably do the job.
We have a 4 thread overlocker...

Are you having problems with the edges fraying ( the material coming apart) after you sew them?
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marcus Planet of the apes Hydro 5 2,068 Thursday 1-Sep-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: TripleSix