heya redbacks
Quick hello as a new recruit.trying my hand at a rotj fett so will be great to get some hint and tips from the experts :-) have completed my helmet and have first coat(2 coats) aluminium done on my armor.would there be a resident fett with a list of spray paint brands and colours to use .
Cheers,
Chris
hey mate. good to see you on the redback fourm. Sent you a few pm's on the dented helmet if you dont remember. There are a few boba fetts being built atm. Icluding myslef Smile. i am on the hunt for the colours for rotj as well. Soon as i get some leads i will let you know.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Haha yeah mate I remember.would def be better to know local brand instead of guessing.Did u get a lid and armor yet?
hiya bob...I am doing an ESB Fett at the moment. Can't really help out with the colours except for maybe the greens. Try Jayvee over on TDH he gave me a good list for the ESB helmet and armour.
Good luck. Any questions just holla and see if we can help
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Cheers phantom.yeah I need a plain English list of colours lol some of the hints on tdh eg( mango yellow) aren't really that flash. I need a list for bunnings :-)
Well I can help with that.
I think most of them are in my thread, http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-283...ntom+phett
the mango yellow I don't think I have listed but it is White knight Squirts 'Mandarin'.
Anything else just shout

BN14GCSN15
Cheers champion will check that out.
Hey phantom I got RkD armour as well mate,will's a top fella and the armour seems pretty good.gauntlets are a bit thin/lite,so thinking o applying some fibreglass cloth n resin to the inside to stiffen em up.goin for an mow suit n vest which aren't cheap but look pretty schmick.maybe a Sidewinder blaster kit unless I find someone round here with one
Yeah Will was fantastic to deal with, his armour is good stuff. I don't have his gaunts, mine are MOW, the fibreglass should stiffen them up nicely.
I haven't seen the MOW soft stuff apart from his boots.
I have a sidewinder and I am in the process of painting it up before putting it all together.

BN14GCSN15
(Friday 9-Mar-2012, 08:54 PM)bobaroo Wrote:  Cheers champion will check that out.
Hey phantom I got RkD armour as well mate,will's a top fella and the armour seems pretty good.gauntlets are a bit thin/lite,so thinking o applying some fibreglass cloth n resin to the inside to stiffen em up.goin for an mow suit n vest which aren't cheap but look pretty schmick.maybe a Sidewinder blaster kit unless I find someone round here with one

i am looking to get a sidewinder kit. let me know when you order i will go halfs in the shipping with ya. still saving for helmet and armour, will be getting RKD as well. looks like good stuff for the price.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Mow has his stuff on eBay mate
Ok cool. I have all my soft parts, but might need a new vest as an upgrade at a later date. I have set a target of early April to be completed for approval and basically just have the gauntlets, jetpack and helmet to paint.

BN14GCSN15
Rkd does payment plans Jim, which I found awesome as u can flick him your spare bucks and he keeps a running tally for u.your mow gauntlets look damn sweet phantom, bit jealous lol
Thanks mate, jut got to hinge them, get the magnets for the closure, put on the darts and hose attachment...oh and paint them Smile

BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the Redbacks Bobaroo. Boba Fett is one of my favourite characters. It will be awesome to have another one in the garrison.

I think it would be a great idea to start a build thread over in the Armour Progress Pics, and Question Time section and move this discussion to there. It helps other people who are building costumes when all the information is in the one place. Someone in the future who is building a Fett would be very interested in this conversation.

Good luck with your build.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Welcome Chris.