My new SVJ costume:
Well, I decided to build an Atris costume. What's more, I need to get it finished in 2 weeks. Riiiiiight......

So.

It all started with bit of time studying KOTOR, and looking at the Costuming Standards, to work out how I was going to build it.

[Image: atris_.jpg]

Next, I went down to the local fabric store and bought some supplies.

6m x white bridal satin
2m x iron on interfacing (for collars, and tabbards)

There's two main components to the costume that I needed to create. The undergarment (Kimono) and the tabbards.

Kimono:
I studied a few online traditional kimono patterns, and decided that I needed to slighly modify the pattern a bit, from the traditional Kimono design:
[Image: Japanese_kimono_woman_made_in_Japan_.jpg]
The sleeves are way to big, and the bottom of the skirt is way to narrow.

So, I ended up creating my own, very basic pattern:
[Image: Atris%20001%20%28Small%29.JPG]

And then I set about cutting, pinning, ironing, sewing and creating:
[Image: Atris%20004%20%28Small%29.JPG]
[Image: Atris-006-%28Small%29.jpg]

- Now, this final shot looks pretty big, because there's no Obi holing the waist in.

Tabbards:

I've then gone through my KOTOR files and found the digital game skin for Atris, so that I can duplicate the lines and the designs for the Tabbards:
[Image: Atris_Game_Skin.jpg]

Resized, copied, traced:
[Image: Atris-007-%28Small%29.jpg]

And now I'm going to embroider that design onto the satin (with interfacing behind it to stabilise the material and prevent puckering). It's going to take a LONG TIME!!!
[Image: Atris%20001%20%28Small%29_2.JPG]

I'll post more pics as I go, but really hoping to get this all completed in the next week!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
That is going to be Stunning :D
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Wow, you have some talent there. Thats awesome.
Damn thats so hard work going on there! Good job, it's gonna look great.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
I'm so impressed Moxx. I love the way you're doing the patterning. I cannot wait to see this finished, it'll look fantastic!
fRIKKIN AWESOME!!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
When are you going to eat and sleep? Smile

Gonna be awesome.
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
wow thats amazing... i always wondered how people make those patterns... its with a swing machine... dar
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Way awesome!
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Thanks guys! I'm posting the build thread on the RL boards as well, in the hopes that I can suck up to the Costume Judges enough to get approved quickly. (Learned that trick from Phoenix!)

Atris is a pretty cool kinda Jedi. Firstly, she's certifiably batshit crazy, and she's got more Sith holocrons than any Sith you care to name! She also goes toe-to-toe with Nihilus ... so Rents and Cutter - be on your guard! hehe!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Awesome ,that character is pretty cool. She has some great images of her fighting Nihilus too Smile

Great work Moxxie,looking forward to the finished outfit!
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
Kill the Jedi
Looks awesome Smile
This is going to be EPIC Mox and cant wait to see it
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
'AWESOME', that is going to so beautiful.

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

(Saturday 7-Apr-2012, 12:27 PM)Moxxxie Wrote:  Thanks guys! I'm posting the build thread on the RL boards as well, in the hopes that I can suck up to the Costume Judges enough to get approved quickly. (Learned that trick from Phoenix!)

Atris is a pretty cool kinda Jedi. Firstly, she's certifiably batshit crazy, and she's got more Sith holocrons than any Sith you care to name! She also goes toe-to-toe with Nihilus ... so Rents and Cutter - be on your guard! hehe!

Doppeldaumen1 and don't forget who she banished from the Jedi order. Wink