Wrangling
How about we stop the off topic stuff.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
(Thursday 26-Apr-2012, 06:29 PM)Draco Wrote:  How about we stop the off topic stuff.

Lol
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

A lot of great information there for Wrangling tips. Some points to add about wrangling... The big thing is Professionalism....

+ At all times fair but firm when required.
+ You are the face of the 501st that interacts with the public.
+ The trooper is the costume of the 501st.
+ Ensure the troopers costume is always in tip top shape when on display.... be on the lookout for bits and pieces falling or have fallen off.
+ Fix and or repair on the spot if possible... or advise trooper it's not repairable here and they must go back to a secure area to rectify.
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

One thing to look out for at DW especially is the gutters.
I remember from last year that they couldn't be seen and were a hazzard
Because I said so...
:dw11: :sn11: DW2012
Is there a specific thing you should wear while wrangling?
I just tend to go for jeans/something with pockets (remember your troopers don't have any) and a shirt that looks neat and tidy, if it has a Star Wars theme that's always good too Smile
Neat comfortable dress is preferred, you are representing the most awesome garrison in the known universe, so clean jeans not torn - not even the trendy torn ones look that good Smile. Most of the time those of us who have a spare Support Crew shirt will loan it to a cadet to wrangle in just looks more professional.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Thursday 26-Apr-2012, 10:39 AM)ashbash Wrote:  I can make them look pretty!? Smile

(Thursday 26-Apr-2012, 10:38 AM)Kev Vader Wrote:  With Any luck I will be making up a couple of A3 posters with wrangling tips on for the change-area at DW Smile

Hey Ash, Are you willing to extend this kind offer?
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
I have a wrangle bag that I carry with me. In it I have the following :

* small first aid kit
* a couple of small bottles of water
* black cloth tape and masking tape
* small sewing kit
* Jelly lollies
* super glue
* hand towel
* girl sanitry things
* Tissues
* small nipped nikko pens

In a larger bag that I have in the dressing room I will also have quick repair stuff like hot glue gun, more tape, batteries and larger first aid kit.

This are all things I have found have come in handy especially on big troops. If you need something, chances are Duck has it Smile

One thing I will add for marathons/ walks - keep a watchful eye out for troopers who fall behind or go faint. Make sure another wrangler knows you are staying with that trooper and that you have the other wranglers number.
Now this is an awesome thread and thanks to Ducky for showing me it, looks like I've got my work cut out for me as a cadet but I'll make sure I'll do my best to make sure that all of our troopers are all well during our events.
(Friday 26-Apr-2013, 09:40 PM)Artemis Wrote:  Now this is an awesome thread and thanks to Ducky for showing me it, looks like I've got my work cut out for me as a cadet but I'll make sure I'll do my best to make sure that all of our troopers are all well during our events.

Its not that hard Artemis, you are the eyes and ears for the troopers but common sense prevails. Just keep aware of your surroundings, make a path for the trooper/s, walk slowly and carefully and keep an eye on them and the folk nearby. Maybe work out a few hand signals if people ask for photos, and keep an eye on the time. Check with the trooper when they want to stop or turn back. 2 of us looked after 3 troopers in the crush of the Nova crowd on a walk and it went fine. If you're not confident tag along with another wrangler and watch what they do, but honestly...its not difficult! Its really quite fun!
Came across that sorry can't do one more picture incident at nova, was not that bad just had to be honest and firm. But great tips guys Smile

Oh and would other legion shirts besides crew man shirts be acceptable wear, (Jolly roger Sqn shirt) etc
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
(Saturday 27-Apr-2013, 09:35 AM)wrigzach Wrote:  Oh and would other legion shirts besides crew man shirts be acceptable wear, (Jolly roger Sqn shirt) etc

Most legion shirts will do, the RBG shirt is better, A "Support Crew" shirt is best, as it identifies you as someone there as a helper, and they stand out nicely.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
I am borrowing one for dream world but will get one very soon, oh and on that topic. So the fact that I won't have proper patches be a problem for wearing my reserve pilot at dreamworld (even for a few pictures)?
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
I think your pilot would have to be approved Wrigzach - but I could be wrong. Pm Phantom, he will know Smile And if you do want a shirt here is a continuous run thread http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-5974.html. It looks like Beanie puts in an order once he has ten shirts ordered.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wrangling/Support Crew Information Phantom 28 60,317 Wednesday 28-Mar-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Ashlyn_Dubreas