Painful road ahead...???
Hello everyone. I can hear the comments already..."you bought what!?" Yes I'm afraid this newbie jumped in too quick and got himself armour from ebay...the FX remould from that 35mm-Heroes (short for conman), to be precise . I've now seen the error of my ways but due to lack of funds I have no choice but to continue with this current outfit. I've started the helmet and the amount of tweeking to be done is already sending me nuts. The instructions are crap but I've accumulated a heap of info on FX builds from any and all forums out there. With some extensive planning and a little patients, hopefully I can come up with something acceptable. But honestly...is my optomism for this project in vain?

Any and all advice will be gladly appreciated...apart from melting it down to a more managable paper weight.
Welcome to the Redback Garrison, you'll find heaps of friendly helpful people here. I'm still a newbie myself, there are other members that can far better advise you on what your options are. You aren't the first person to buy the wrong stuff on evilbay and you most certainly won't be the last.
Send a PM (Private Message) to Muppet who can help you out with types of armours and potential suppliers.
I think the advice most members are going to give you is sell the kit you have for what-ever you can get back on it and start with a proper fresh kit.
TKs are awesome, hope to troop with you one day.
If you have any friends or associates up in Rockhampton that are interested in the 501st (or Rebel Legion) let me know, we're getting a few more members on board up here.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Hey there. Welcome.

Maybe a bit more about you....where are you from etc etc

I think that there is a lot of info on the FISD site and a few guys here have done FX armour. I know the helmets are pretty ordinary I would suggest, depending on funds, send MouldMan or Apok a PM and ask them about their helmets.
Apart from that....keep going and put up some pics that way they guys can help you out a bit more and make it easier.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Nothing wrong with FX armour mate, the helmet will (best) need replacing (pm muppet for options) As to the rest, we're all here to help... organise / or attend an armour party (just mention beer) and we will come....

Good luck

CAV Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Sorry I must of misread your post, I thought it was a re-cast off the FX armour.
Thanks very much for the info so far guys. I'm located in Brisbane on the southside and hoping to troop very soon. I'm also in the throws of putting together a ROTJ Imperial Guard outfit. I have started on the TK helmet and have already hit a hurdle as far as the thing being toally out of square and the pieces don't fit well at all. I'm pinning my hopes on a quote I read some time back on a model making site..."there's no such thing as a bad model. Just an inexperienced model maker".
I have an FX kit and I had to buy an EFX helmet for $250 as the FX lid will not be accepted in approvals, my EFX lid needed new tinted eye lenses and new blue stripes put on as the ones on it are too small.
If you are going stunt then the nose bridge needs to be painted grey.
If you are doing ESB then it needs to be black and different hand gaurds.
FX kit should be fine with a bit of guidance from us.
There are at least 3 of us in redbacks with FX armour so don't sell it unless Muppet tells you too with new guidelines always changing.

As Phantom said, tell us what area you live in and as Cav said we can get together and help you.

scope ( north brizzy area )
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

I must say you guys are really generous. I hope I can be of help in the near future too. I already have Scope heading over tomorrow (29/4/12), at 10 am. If anyone else is interested drop me a message and I'll give you my address in Runcorn. And of course a well deserved stubby Smile

Sorry...I meant "the Sniper" is heading over...sorry Sniper...sorry Scope.
Welcome to the Forums!

You will definitely get the best Star Wars costuming advice in the Southern Hemisphere right here, so don't be afraid to ask questions!
Welcome to the forums. Smile
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
(Saturday 28-Apr-2012, 09:57 PM)timothyoevil1 Wrote:  I must say you guys are really generous. I hope I can be of help in the near future too. I already have Scope heading over tomorrow (29/4/12), at 10 am. If anyone else is interested drop me a message and I'll give you my address in Runcorn. And of course a well deserved stubby Smile

they do look suprisingly similar....
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Hi and welcome to the Redbacks.
I have FX armour and it is ok..its a good first set. The helmet is however a peice of crap. You will look like a bobble head if you assemble it, the proportions are just plain wrong
See if you can get an EFX helmet, much better and worth the $$.
So don't despair, I did what you did but knew about the helmet before I got it.
Good luck.
Just remember to read the build threads on the forum, most of you questions will have been asked there already and if you cant find the answer, just ask..we have all been in your shoes.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
welcome to the Redbacks Tim Doppeldaumen1 , good luck with the build.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
(Saturday 28-Apr-2012, 11:06 PM)Cavalier Wrote:  
(Saturday 28-Apr-2012, 09:57 PM)timothyoevil1 Wrote:  I must say you guys are really generous. I hope I can be of help in the near future too. I already have Scope heading over tomorrow (29/4/12), at 10 am. If anyone else is interested drop me a message and I'll give you my address in Runcorn. And of course a well deserved stubby Smile

they do look suprisingly similar....

But both are still ugly Cheeky
Welcome aboard, mate!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.