Make your own "T" track.
Just a short tute on making T track. I used 2mm styrene plastic (about $9 per sheet from any good hobby store), and cut it into 9mm and 6mm strips. 9mm for the horizontal and the 6mm for the vertical. If you haven't worked with styrene before, all you have to do is score it a couple of times and then bend it to snap it off. I then worked out how long, and where to bend the T track for each run along the barrel. From there I cut a small bit of timber to match the desired length to shape it over for a sharper bend.
I can recommend the Black and Decker heat gun as it works fast and has a fantastic temp range.
[Image: DSCF6984.JPG]

Once the T track shows a bit of slack from the heating, I race it straight over to the block and bend it straight down. It cools rather quickly so be careful.
[Image: DSCF6985.JPG]

After a bit of trimming and finishing, they slide nicely into the right holes. Done right, they just click into place. Granted the ends do not need to be as long as they are shown and I did end up cutting them back.
[Image: DSCF6986.JPG]

Not too bad considering how much they cost...maybe a bit more practice and I should be able to achieve a better finish without the glue showing...
[Image: DSCF6987.JPG]
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Very purdy!

I bought t track strip styrene from the model shop as well as building a t track strip which I cast and have resin versions of... Still can't decide what j like more so bought some rubber strips off a bloke online which were golden...
Have to decide when to lights up my blaster and finish it...
Love the tutes TIM E !
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Great job mate. Might have to flick you over my blaster kit to finish for me Wink
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
great tut.
No problem mate Wink I do like challenging myself with each build i take on.

(Thursday 14-Jun-2012, 07:48 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Great job mate. Might have to flick you over my blaster kit to finish for me Wink
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
My clever Bro....Jig