DL-44 Blaster ANH Hero - OMG...IT'S FINISHED!!!
Simmer down boy's, I'll come to both Lol
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Friday 30-Nov-2012, 07:49 AM)Cavalier Wrote:  WOW! :TD:

Double wow after the news i got today on my armour i am starting to get excited but have been watching Tim work on this since they have arrived this will be worn with pride and shown with great pleasure to anybody who asks to see it.

I asked Tim if he could do certian things for me and he has exceded my dreams and congratulate him on a great job Smile

NotworthyNotworthyNotworthy
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
(Saturday 1-Dec-2012, 10:03 PM)NQDude Wrote:  
(Friday 30-Nov-2012, 07:49 AM)Cavalier Wrote:  WOW! :TD:

Double wow after the news i got today on my armour i am starting to get excited but have been watching Tim work on this since they have arrived this will be worn with pride and shown with great pleasure to anybody who asks to see it.

I asked Tim if he could do certian things for me and he has exceded my dreams and congratulate him on a great job Smile

NotworthyNotworthyNotworthy

You're too kind Anthony...I'm humbled when I say thank you for the compliments.

Don't you love it when things....just work out by sheer dumb luck. I was thinking how I will finish the end of the scope once I shorten it to the correct length. In the picture below you can see little orange buttons on the original scope mounts...

[Image: DSCF7979.JPG]

Well this little button is the exact same diameter as the tube of the scope...sweet!! It'll be painted like the rest of the blaster.

[Image: DSCF8017.JPG]

I'll be putting a small holo lens in the front and a standard size holo lens I made for the E-11 scopes...yes! This too is the exact inside diameter of the bell at the end of the scope...double sweet!

[Image: DSCF8020.JPG]

As an added bonus, the original lens of the scope can be put back in to help protect the 'Holo lens".
To be continued...
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
First lot of paint went on the other day...Still a bit to do but nearing the end Smile ...

[Image: DSCF8053.JPG]
Royalguard

(Sunday 9-Dec-2012, 08:14 PM)Oevil1 Wrote:  First lot of paint went on the other day...Still a bit to do but nearing the end Smile ...

[Image: DSCF8053.JPG]

All hail the Mighty Oevil that is one incredible build and cant wait to see the finished one

could u possibly get some measurements of the blaster please a i want to make a carry case for this to protect and dispaly please an axxprox size of rectangle box and depth so cna put foam and velvet inside and id on case with cog

Thnaks
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Thanks again for the encouragement Dude. Not a problem. I'll get the measurements to you tomorrow night as I'm about to fall aslee..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Royalguard

On the home stretch now...painted a subtle woodgrain finish on the handle today and now all that is left is a little bit of weathering and the final protective coat....I've really enjoyed this build I must say!!

[Image: DSCF8270.JPG]

[Image: DSCF8271.JPG]

The final post is next...
Royalguard

That "woodgrain" looks awesome. How did you do that?
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

(Wednesday 26-Dec-2012, 11:48 PM)major payne Wrote:  That "woodgrain" looks awesome. How did you do that?

Well I could tell you that it's a secret method of using rare bird feathers and pigments found only in the crustaceans from the depths of Kamino that has been past down from father to son from father to son...but, it's actually a 1:35 scale (pretty small but great for small jobs like this), photo etched template you can buy from a few online hobby places...

[Image: RB-T029_MED.jpg]

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?m...s_id=29999

The detail is so fine you do need an airbrush to get the best result.
Royalguard

that is looking incredible the finish lines between the wood grain and the gun metal are crisp and very nice totally impressed with ur work O great one Smile
definitely the wood grain looks very cool
DW2013 to DW2018
who's clever little Dooku?....I've seen your gun NQdude,I must say your one lucky TK Hehehe
(Sunday 30-Dec-2012, 09:03 PM)MammaSith Wrote:  who's clever little Dooku?....I've seen your gun NQdude,I must say your one lucky TK Hehehe

ah but i will even be luckier TI Smile

in the process of making a gun case to carry it in atm
And I just crossed the finish line...phew!!!

[Image: IMG_2168small.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2162small.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2150small.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2208small.JPG]

[Image: IMG_2191small.JPG]

[Image: DSCF8285.JPG]
[Image: DSCF8284.JPG]
[Image: IMG_2134small.JPG]

Oh and it handles well...

[Image: IMG_2193small.JPG]
[Image: IMG_2148small.JPG]

Next on the list...
Baytroopers E-11
Ashbash's Wester 35's
Royalguard

Mate u r a legend that is incredible Tim thank u so much for it the effort u have put into this is incredible.. i am just blown away with the way it has turned out