MS Moonlight Walk 2012
Great report, can't wait to do this next year
(Tuesday 23-Oct-2012, 10:20 PM)Deltorn Wrote:  I swear, if you go though all the pics of us in armour, if you took our helmets off youd see a great big smile on all of our faces.

This is always gonna be a highlight troop for me, not just for the cause, but for the companionship that all redbacks show to each other.
It is a value I am proud of and one Im sure many other groups wish they had.

Kudos to everyone involved with the night, you all did an outstanding job.

This. I was blown away at how friendly and involved everyone was (even to a new Jedi scum Cheeky) and that sense of companionship was simply infectious Smile

If the Tempest Force troops on Endor had half as much companionship the Ewoks wouldn't have had a chance - they would have offered themselves as bed toys for children Cheeky Eyebrows

I'm now more than eager to join and participate in more events- so much so that before I was "maybe someday later I'll make a 2nd costume and join the 501st" to "I need a costume to join up NOW! I don't want to miss out on all the fun Hehehe".

So to everyone involved - Thanks a million Doppeldaumen1
Shaun
C|lllllllliiiiiiil||ll:lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll)
BN12
"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
THAT TROOP WAS AWESOME! that was a seriously fun troop and i always love wandering around in armour with you guys.
I want to thank Deimos for getting me there and all the wranglers for taking care of us!
I came out with sore feet but that was it! could've walked it again with some replacement feet haha.

plus how many chances do you get to take selfies in a stormtrooper on a bridge?
[Image: 391689_505081672835960_85975273_n.jpg]

Cool to meet rebels in RBG territory (unaware we had any HAHA)
that was absolutely fantastic! oh and i'm pretty sure the photographer got a shot of me with a lantern held up so if that turns up please let me know.
(psst beanie, TK not TC)
-Sean
:GCSN12: -> GCSN16
DW2012 -> DW2016
BN12 -> BN16
(Wednesday 24-Oct-2012, 12:34 PM)Glitch Wrote:  (psst beanie, TK not TC)

sorry too used to seeing in ur clone.

updated and thanks for walking!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Tuesday 23-Oct-2012, 03:43 PM)Deimos Wrote:  
(Tuesday 23-Oct-2012, 02:34 PM)ashbash Wrote:  Nice report Beanie! Was a great troop but next year I'll be in proper walking shoes and stocking up on my own sugary cookies.

I'd just like to also mention that a good friend of mine from roller derby took a fair bit of photos for us and also made a donation to our team. Pretty sure he only went there because I mentioned to him about a heap of us trooping.

I think you should pack some hydrate :P lucky I had some other wise you might of ended up in the same way said trooper went. Sorry I didn't get to said trooper with some powerad sooner might have helped.

I would REALLY like to tank Duck for helping me through the night. It's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be in the royal guard and she had to do a few quick grabs so I didn't end up in the drink or meeting a few polls.

You are very welcome :-) Thank you for an awesome night everyone, Thanks Beanie :-)
Outstanding Troop Report and Event Organising, Beanie! Bigfan

This really was a both important and fun Troop. Being seen of and welcomed back by the very people suffering from MS showed us just how effective the Redbacks can be and just where the funds are going.
well thank you Phoenix, its good to hear both feedback from MS and my fellow members here on how the event ran (walked) out.

Just a heads up we are still receieving donations and as it stands $3,680.00 and still waiting for the extra $110 or so from Tirilia that was collected on the day to be added.

Which means now the target for 2013 is $4000!!!
<p>
FNG
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
just a heads up, the redback garrison got a mention as one of the top teams in the latest newsletter sent out today.
<p>
FNG
</p>
Great job everyone, my armor will soon be complete so i can join in next year Smile
Oh sweet! Love that final pic at the finish line.....

Well done all!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MS Moonlight Walk 2023 Duras 1 280 Sunday 29-Oct-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Cre8tiv
  MS Moonlight Walk 202(0)1 Beanie 2 1,500 Wednesday 31-Mar-2021, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Cyclops
Troop Report MS Moonlight walk - Oct 21st 2016 Beanie 6 10,589 Tuesday 25-Oct-2016, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Imperial Drone