Seeking supplier recommendations in brisbane
Hi everyone,
I'm really wanting to put together a high quality clone trooper suit, preferably one of the commanders. Only problem is I am not really of clone trooper size or build >.< so I'm afraid that helmets may look too large for me and armour pieces being too large and clunky. I'm around 175cm tall, 31" waist, 34" chest. So if anyone can recommend suppliers/shops for me to get props and parts or help me get a costume together that would be very much appreciated! Smile

Cheers
Clones are cooler
Hi there Benji.
Welcome to the Redbacks. Best to go and introduce yourself to everyone one in the Fresh Recruits section.

As for clone trooper armour it depends if you want realistic or animated clone. I would suggest you head on over to http://clonetroopers.net/ for everything clone related.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi there Benji, as Phantom said, head over to the Clone forums, all the information you need is there, sellers, armour types, commanders etc.

Also don't be too concerned about your size, some armour makers will give you size guidlines as to which there armour can be made into.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hi Benji,
I'm around that height, and I wear an animated clone (Captain Rex phase 1) without too much drama, so you should be able to join the clone ranks without too much trouble, here's the link to the detachment forums, and there's some great members in the Redbacks who will help out with any questions etc. the big decision will be whether to go realistic or animated, both are awesome, it's just working out which you prefer, if you do go animated, you'll also need to decide whether you want the phase 1 (seasons 1-3) or the phase 2 (seasons 4 and 5) version as well...
http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?act=idx
Tried to go to the clone troopers forums and create an account, and its saying my email address is not accepted :s tried both of my hotmail accoutns and both gave me the same error. so I don't know whats going on there :S
Clones are cooler
I had that same issue, if you go to the link below, and go down the page to the section for the Clone Trooper Detachment, there's an e-mail link for the webmaster, he should be able to help you out with it
http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php#defs
So while I'm waiting for a response in regards to not being able to create an account on the clone trooper forums, does anyone have any recommendations for suppliers of parts national or international. Wanting to put together a Commander Fox costume which is as accurate as possible. So I would say I'd have to start with finding a regular clone trooper armour set which i could repaint, and a helmet with a visor, or plain helmet for which i can attach a visor to. This will be my first proper costume build so any help would be appreciated, things like, what type of materials to use for custom parts, certain brands or types of paint that give the best results, and places where i can buy materials for my build. I do currently own a Vader costume, but it's only one of those rubies ones so its nothing spectacular and standing at 5'8" i'm about a foot short of the actual Vader >.<
Clones are cooler
Most of the raw and extra materials used for the build itself you'll be able to buy from any decent hardware store, as for the actual armour parts and suppliers etc., many of them only sell through the detachment forums, once you get on there, the CTD have lists of suppliers and there's heaps of build threads etc. where you can ask questions about materials, you'll also find plenty of build threads here on the RBG about it.

The other thing that will help, is getting to an armour party or a troop and have a look at the armour first hand, and talk to the guys about it, it's often a lot easier to explain things face to face, as well as you can become a verified cadet, which lets you access a little bit more of the forums here.
So been checking out the Detachment forums and poking around for bits and bobs there. I've found suppliers for just about all of the major pieces, Armour/helm, weaponry, shoes, neckseal, belt. although all the ones I've found on there are in the US, so looks like shipping is gonna hurt the hip pocket a bit. I'll definitely be smashing the overtime at work. I've ordered my pistols and holsters from WoodChuck and will put through my order for phase 1 armour and grunt helmet with Kwdesigns tomorrow. Glad to get the ball rolling, It'd be great if I could have it ready for April Supanova, hopefully everything will got well. Smile
Clones are cooler
We have some "lean" built troopers in the garrison, but when they armor up they bulk up and look awesome, don't worry too much about your sizeJig